Tochigi is a city in Tochigi Prefecture, Japan.
- Mt. Ohira (太平山), hirai-cho 659 (Take the Kokugakuinmae (国学院前) bus from Tochigi St. 220yen), . Ohirasan is a 341m tall mountain.It is easy to climb by shrine stairs or hiking trail.There are a lot of Hydrangea on the shrine path.You can see Tokyo Skytree and Mt.Fuji from here on a clear day.You should eat Atsuyakitamago(omelette),Yakitori(grilled Chicken) and buckwheat noodles. edit
- Uzuma River Historical District (巴波川 歴史地区), central Tochigi city (10min walk from JR Tochigi st. north exit), . You can see EDO period buildings along the river. Boat tours on weekends. The UZUMA river was an important trade route to TOKYO from North Kanto. edit
- Nissan Factory. Visit the factory when Nissans and Infinitis are made (including the GT-R). edit
- Fukiage (肉のふきあげ), 793 Fukiagecho, Tochigi City (800m from Tohoku Freeway Tochigi interchange), ☎ 0282-31-1022, . 11am to 9pm. The restaurant has it's own cattle ranch so the steaks are fresh. The menu is large with choices for non meat eaters too. 1200 to 5000 yen. edit
- Karaage Torikame (からあげ鳥亀 都賀本店), Tsugamachi Ienaka 2336-10 (10minute walk from Ienaka St. In front of Tsuga City hall), ☎ 0282-27-8000, . 10:00-13:00 15:00-19:00. juicy spicy Karaage(Fried Chicken).You can't stop eating them. 100g /200yen. edit
- Marco Polo shabu shabu steak tepanyaki (しゃぶしゃぶ&ステーキ&鉄板焼 まるこぽーろ), katayanagi cho 2-2-2 (2min walk from North exit JR and Tobu Tochigi St near driving school), ☎ 0282-22-5833, . 11:30～22:00. The best beef A5 rank is expensive but worth it. from 4999 yen. edit
- yukyoan soba restaurant (友蕎庵), tochigi numawada 11-20 (3min. walk from JR Tochigi st. south exit), ☎ 0282-25-3748, . 11:30～20:00. The shop's buckwheat noodles are very delicious,and the curry is very stylish. 780-1000yen. edit