Tinos is an island in Cyclades.
From the Greek mainland ferries and highspeed catamaran services run daily from Piraeus, Rafina and Lavrio.
Many travelers probably don’t even consider Rafina a possible departure port if they are heading to one of the Cyclades, but if you are arriving at the airport of Athens you are often better off taking a ferry from Rafina to Tinos than traveling to Athens and get a ferry from Piraeus.
By Scooter, ATV, Taxi, Bus, Car
- Tinos town and the most famous and important church of Greece, the Evangellistria, with its miraculous icon and magic atmosphere
- The womens monastery Kechrovouni high up in the mountains which is inhabited by 40 nuns
- The traditional village Volax, home to the basket makers
- The valley of the pigeon houses from the Venetian time
- Pirgos, the centre of the marble arts
- The peaceful fishing bay of Panormos with its lovely fish tavernas
For visiting the church and monastery there are strict clothing rules: sleveless shirts and shorts are not permitted. Men must wear long trousers that go below the ankle.
During the past decade, Tinos has gained reputation for its surfable waves, breaking on beaches, such as Kolimbithra, Langada etc. Since 2010, a surf-school opened, offering board rentals, and surf lessons.
- Rakí (the Greek version of Grappa) and Tsikoudia,
- Byzantio City Hotel, Z. Alavanou 26, ☎ +302283022421, . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 11:00. A historic hotel in the center of Tinos Town 40-60. (37.537557,25.163129) edit
- Byzantio Beach Bungalows, Skylantari - Laouti, ☎ +302283022405, . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 11:00. A group of traditional apartments next to the island's most beautiful beach 50-100€. (37.533399,25.211683) edit
Move on by boat to Mykonos, Paros, Naxos, Ios or Santorini.
Nearby Syros can be used as a transport hub to further Greek Islands.