Tillamook is the county seat of Tillamook County, near the Northern Oregon Coast.
U.S. Route 101 runs north to south through Tillamook. Oregon route 6 enters Tillamook from the east, crossing the Coast Range from greater Portland.
The best route to Tillamook from Interstate 5 is to take I-405 in downtown Portland to U.S. 26, which connects to Oregon 6 about 20 miles west of Portland. Follow Oregon 6 to Tillamook. Travelers on I-5 from the south can also bypass Portland by taking Oregon 217 at Tigard to U.S. 26 west.
- Tillamook County Transportation District Route #5,  goes out to Portland, from the Tilamook transit center on 2nd & Laurel.
- Tillamook County Transportation District,  offers local bus service in/around Tillamook city and county with the #5 bus going out to Portland twice daily.
- Tillamook Cheese Factory, 4175 Highway 101 North, ☎ +1 503-815-1300, . Daily except Thanksgiving and Christmas. 8AM-6PM Labor Day to mid-June, to 8AM-8PM mid-June to Labor Day. The Tillamook Cheese Factory Visitor's Center is the center of the prime dairy area of Oregon. Interactive exhibits describe the cheesemaking process, and visitors can see the process unfold through the glass windows. Samples of their various products are available. And of course, there's ice cream...forty flavors of them. Empty ice cream jugs can be bought for only fifty cents. Free. edit
Tillamook Rock Light House.
- Tillamook Air Museum, 6030 Hangar Road, ☎ (503) 842-1130. An air museum housing many historic and sometimes famous aircraft. The museum was converted out of a blimp hangar. $9, $7 for seniors 65+ and for students. Children six and under are free.. edit
- Best Western Inn & Suites, 1722 Makinster Road, ☎ +1 503 842-7599 (toll free: 1-800-299-4817, fax: +1 503 842-7930), . edit