Ticino  is an Italian-speaking region in Switzerland. It is in the south of the country bordering Valais, Uri, Graubunden and the north of Italy.
Locarno International film festival
- Ascona- known sometimes as the Swiss Riviera.
- Bellinzona - the capital of the canton.
- Chiasso -the last town in Switzerland, is surrounded on three sides by Italy
- Lugano- is the only real city in the canton, with a pleasant waterfront, stunning lake views and steep hillsides.
Ticino is generally divided by the Monte Ceneri pass:
- Sopraceneri ("above the Ceneri") - Alpine, rural. Encompasses the cities of Bellinzona, the seat of the cantonal Grand Council, and Locarno.
- Sottoceneri ("below the Ceneri") - Highlands and flat valleys, still not exactly urban but much less rural. Encompasses the city of Lugano and large towns Mendrisio and Chiasso.
Ticino has a full range of accommodations including hotels, holiday houses, hostels, huts, campsites and agritourism stays.
- Ticino Turismo, Via Lugano 12, Bellinzona, tel. +41 (0)91 825 70 56, fax: +41 (0)91 825 36 14, firstname.lastname@example.org, .