Thodupuzha is the fastest growing city in the Central Kerala. The rapid development of Thodupuzha over the last 20 years is remarkable, when it was a small village junction with 2,3 Buses in the old bus stand waiting for passengers. It now doubles as a taxi-stand.The town was concentrated in the old pvt bus stand area. The present bus stand ia a large one, capable of housing at least 60 buses.
Situated on the Thodupuzha-Pala Road, it is also accessible from the KSRTC bus stand. With growing inflow of tourists even star hotel groups have set up hotels (4-star) in Thodupuzha.
Its 56 km away from Kochi. Well connected by roads to Kochi International Airport. KSRTC(Kerala State Road Transport Corporation) buses ply from Ernakulam. The journey takes approximately 1-1/2 hours via Muvattupuzha.
- Thodupuzha-Pala Road ( approx. 26 km) via Karimkunnam, Kurinji, Antheenad, Choondacherry, Pizhag. KSRTC buses on the Thodupuzha-Kottayam sector ply every 30 minutes; private buses, every 10 minutes.
- Thodupuzha-Idukki Road ( approx. 60 km) via Mrala, Muttom, Moolamattom. KSRTC buses on the Thodupuzha-Idukki/Kattapana/Thopramkudi/Nedumkandom sector ply every 1 hour ; private buses, every 30 minutes.
- Thodupuzha-Eratupetta Road ( approx. 35 km) via Mrala, Muttom, Challav, Melukavumattom, Melukav, Edamarak & Kalathookadav . Private buses on the Thodupuzha- Eratupetta / Kanjirapally/ Erumely/ Pathanamthitta/ Ranni sector ply every 30 minutes from the Private bus stand.
- Thodupuzha-Kaliyar Road ( approx. 20 km) via Muthalakudom, Kunnam, Vandamattom, East Kodikulam, Kaliyar. Private buses on the Thodupuzha- Kaliyar / Vannapuram sector ply every 30 minutes from the Private bus stand.
- Thodupuzha-Vannapuram Road ( approx. 20 km) via Muthalakudom, Kunnam, West Kodikulam, Padikkapadam, Thenathoor, Njarakad, Vannapuram. Private buses on the Thodupuzha- Thenathoor / Vannapuram sector ply every 30 minutes from the Private bus stand.
- Thodupuzha-Neelur Road ( approx. 25 km) via Mrala, Muttom, Challav, Thudanganad ( Thodanganad) , Neelur. Private buses on the Thodupuzha- Neelur / Karimkunnam sector ply every 1 hour from the Private bus stand.
- Thodupuzha-Adimali Road ( approx. 75 km) via Manakad, Kumarangalam, Kaloor, Ipe Memorial School, Paingotoor, Pareekanni, Antheenatt Kavala, Oonukal, Neriamangalam, Adimali. Private buses on the Thodupuzha- Oonukal / Adimali sectors ply every 30 minutes from the Private bus stand.
- Thodupuzha-Kaloorkad Road ( approx. 20 km) via Paara, Painkulam, Kaloorkad. Private buses on the Thodupuzha- Kaloorkad sectors ply every 30 minutes from the Private bus stand.
- Thodupuzha-Muvatupuzha Road ( approx. 20 km) via Vazhakulam. KSRTC buses and private buses on the Thodupuzha- Trichur/ Ernakulam/ Muvatupuzha sectors ply every 3 minutes from the KSRTC Stand / Private bus stand.
- Thodupuzha-Karimannoor Road ( approx. 11 km) via Muthalakudom, Kunnam, Karimanoor. Private buses on the Thodupuzha- Karimannoor / Cheenikuzhi sector ply every 10 minutes from the Private bus stand, every 10 minutes.
- Thodupuzha-Vannapuram Road – Via Thomanjuth - ( approx. 25 km) via Muthalakudom, Kunnam, Karimanoor, Thomankuth, Vannapuram. Private buses on the Thodupuzha- Vannapuram sector ply every 1 hour from the Private bus stand.
- thodupuzha-poomala(approx 20 km)-via kummamkallu,idavetty,aalakkodu,kalayanthani,ilamdesham,karukappalli kavala,pannimattom,inchakkattu kavala,saamikkavala,poomala..it ll take arnd 1 hr..n' der r private buses from thodupuzha in each half an hour
- Thodupuzha-east kaloor road -12 k
Thodupuzha-Ramamangalam Road (Aprox 25km) Thodupuzha-Manakkadu-Arikuzha-Pandappilly-Arakkuzha-Muvattupuzha Thodupuzha - Vannappuram - Chelachuvadu
- Make sure you visit the Thommankuthu waterfalls, about 20 km from Thodupuzha - never miss this!
- Don't miss the "Uravapara" (which is a temple upside a rock mountain)
- Also don't miss Malamkara Dam which is so nice. 8 km from Thodupuzha - Idukki route
- Ilaveezhapunchira - hill top, very scenic , 25 kms from Thodupuzha(20kms by car, 5kms by walk or jeep) - Idukki route - never miss this!
- Hanging bridges - many on the way to Moolamattam
- Naadukaani - view - 25kms from Thodupuzha - Idukki road
- Famous Dams - Idukki road
- KURUVAKKAYAM waterfalls -18 km IN POOMALA ROUTE GET A POOMALA BUS FROM THODUPUZHA..
- NJANDIRUKKI waterfalls-19 km IN POOMALA ROUTE..GET A POOMALA BUS FROM THODUPUZHA..
- kizharukuthu waterfall -20km IN KARIMANNOOR rute get a karimannoor bus from thodupuzha
- Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary
- Malankara Reservoir
- Thumpachi Calveri Samuchayam
- District Agricultural Farm Arikuzha
- Amaravkavu, Kolani (From thodupuzha to pala route. from there way to manakkad). A devi temple with in the forest edit
- kp varkeys mall. edit
- There is a good toddy shap known as Mundekkallu shap near the town in manakkad road, there you will get tasty food and pure kallu.
- Hotel Pearl Royal International, (100 meters from KSRTC Bus station), ☎ 04862-221701, . The hotel has specialty restaurant,multi-cusine restaurant, suites and deluxe rooms. Price starting from Rs 1900 for one night. edit
- Hotel Maurya Monarch,right in the town, close to the Civil Station and the main river bridge. ( Moderately priced )
- Hotel Cicilia ( 1/2 km from the town, Board & Lodge for the upscale and choosy traveller ), close to the KSRTC Bus-Stand, on the Thodupuzha-Muttom Road.
- moonlit regency,. edit
- joance regency. edit
Arikuzha,Manakkadu Perumpillichira,Kumaramangalam, Muthalakudom, Thekkumbhagom, West Kodikulam, East Kodikulam, Parapuzha, Padikkapadam, Thennathoor, Koduveli, Vannapuram, Pannimattom, Mrala, Muttom, Purapuzha, Kolani, Karinkunnam, Vandamattom, Olamattom ,udumbannooretc.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language