Thirunelveli, or Nellai, is in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
- Nellai gets water from Tambravarni river and is generally not posed with water scarcity, unlike Chennai.
- It is located about 160 km from Madurai.
- You have a few good hotels that go up to 3 star mid-range category and nothing beyond.
- Weather is hot and not very humid.
- Kanyakumari. The place where the Indian Saint Vivekenanda meditated on Goddess Kanyakumari the consort of Lord Siva, is about 90 km from Nellai.
- Swamithoppe. The place where Ayya Vaikundar carried out his six-year penance.
- Thiruvananthapuram, capital of Kerala. A place of almost surrealistic green landscapes and temples and backwater streams, vast coconut groves is about a 100 km away. Like Kanchipuram, this place houses many famous and ancient temples that possess phenomenal historical and heritage value. Most famous among them is the Nelliappar Gandhimathi temple, a temple of Lord Shiva.