This small town is about 2km from the southern boundary of Mount Rinjani National Park. It is a quaint and scenic rural area some 700 metres above sea level, and gives visitors the chance to experience real, traditional village life in Lombok. This is as far removed from drunken beer boy scene in Senggigi as you could possibly imagine.
The Tetebatu area is perhaps best known for for its cultural attractions. Traditional Sasak handicraft artisans are spread throughout the villages in this area and products include black terracotta and basketry. The nearby town of Kotaraja is the best location in Lombok to witness traditional Sasak stick fighting, and the village has a long tradition of producing forged blacksmith tools.
Getting to Tetebatu by public transport is a bit of a saga and can take a very long time. There are buses from the main terminal in Mataram to Pomotong about 12km south of Tetebatu. These are unpredictable but seem to be most regular in the late mornings. From Pauk Motong, a crossroad and a market you might be able to find a bemo to take you to Kotaraja, and from there a horse cart (cidomo) for the final 2 km to Tetebatu.
Perama bus company  offers one way transfers from Senggigi to Tetebatu for Rp 125,000 per person, minimum 2 people. They will leave at 10:00 (pickup at your hotel) and will arrive in Tetebatu around 11:30. This must be pre-booked one day in advance. (As of Dec 2015.) Senggigi office, tel: +62 370 693007.
Easier, and not expensive if there is more than one in your party, is to charter a private car or taxi. From the main tourist destinations in West Lombok, this will cost Rp 300,000-500,000 depending on exactly where you are and your negotiating skills. For the return journey, private cars are available in Tetebatu for a similar price.
Besides taking a taxi, bus, traveler may take a motorbike service, 'OJEK' in Indonesia language. It costs Rp. 50.000-100.000 from Mataram. Actually it really depends on place from which you have a motor bike. Distance will consume gasoline, and rider stamina.
Horse carts (cidomos) are easily available for short journeys.
For longer excursions around the local villages you might be able to figure out the bemo routes (although it is difficult). More likely is that you will find a car and driver for hire in town.
Bicycles and motorbikes are available for rent. Expect to pay a daily rate of about Rp 25,000 for a bicycle and Rp 70,000+ or a motorbike. Your hotel will be able to help with this.
- Air Terjun Jukut. These falls are not as spectacular as those in the north of the national park around Senaru, but still very much worth the effort to see. You will need a guide to find Jukut and your hotel will certainly help with this. Expect to pay about Rp 100,000-150,000. The falls are reached via a really pleasant two hour walk from Tetebatu through charming rice paddies. Less recommended is to drive to the main car park, from where the falls are 2km down a well trodden walking track. Local Sasak lore has it that the waters here are a cure for baldness. Rp 20,000. edit
- Taman Wisata Tetebatu (Tetebatu Monkey Forest). This park is a gentle 4km walk north of the town. Expect lots of macaques and some pleasant enough scenery and waterfalls. Again, ask at your hotel about a guide, and avoid any offers of motorised transport. edit
- Kotaraja is about 5km south of Tetebatu and is famous for the local form of stick fighting - peresehan. Regular events are held in which young Sasak men ceremonially fight each other with a rattan stick and a buffalo skin shield. Enquire locally in Tetebatu to see if any fights are scheduled.
- Tetebatu Waterfall - So close with the black monkey forest and lake. Main view panorama and traditional Sasak village and original custom so stay and feel like a local don't forget to go with the experienced guide to take the best moment. Donation in lieu of an entrance fee.
You can buy vanilla.black rice. Candle nut. Paper. Cidmen. Kakao. Coffee. Mushroom. Caobel. Bamboo craft. Clove. Chili. Ginger. Lombok sarong but see the process before. Original coconut oil. Good for medicine. And lot things
Warung Jamur (jalan Pariwisata Tetebatu), This small restaurant is situated on the main crossing of Tetebatu right side, open for cooking course also with the master chef of the village. It serves traditional Sasak dishes and Indonesian dishes. (main dishes Rp 10.000 - 30.000)try something new in warung corner don't forget good food = good mood
- RUMAH DAUN, Tetebatu, ☎ 081918294149, . or email address ([email protected]). The restaurant is located on the right side of street to waterfall.It serves traditional Sasak and Indonesian menu (cheap and comfortable). tourist information, local guide, transportation are available. feel the different situation with natural soft touch around it. edit
Lombok Coffee. Lombok Rice wine. Lombok Coconut Wine
Soya Coffee many kind of traditional Juice
- Cendrawasih Cottages, (east side of the town), ☎ +62 818 03726709. Just four rooms here, all in a traditional lumbung ricebarn style. Lovely views out over rice paddies and all-in-all, a really charming little place. Has a reasonable enough cafe attached. The owner speaks good English and is really knowledgeable about local culture and sights. About Rp 150,000. edit
- Kembang Kuning Homestay, (east side of the town), ☎ +62 81904050403 ([email protected]). Very friendly Sasak family with basic rooms with a nice view of Rinjani and panoramic overviews of the rice fields. They provide local tours to the waterfalls, black monkey forest and food markets. Cooking class is also available. Information on trekking to Mt. Rinjani is also provided. The price includes breakfast and unlimited tea and home-roasted coffee. Also, there is a warung on-site with delicious Sasak food. Rp 100,000 for a single, Rp 150,000 for a double. edit
- Soedjono Hotel, North Of Tetebatu, . Soedjono hotel build based on Lombok history very long time ago. Soedjono come from java to Lombok as the doctor because there are no hospital. And for present the government gave Soedjono apart of land in north Tetebatu now call Soedjono hotel. So if you wanna feel mountain view panorama with the real story please come to Soedjono hotel n don't worry with the price.. Depend on your bajet start from 150.000 rupiah for the normal class until 500.000 for viv room.. Or booking to this email. [email protected] (,2 km from kotaraja) edit
- jaya home stay, Waterfall Str.South Tetebatu (East Side of the Town), ☎ +6281997714771, . jaya home stay ,is a traditional guest house ,located inside the area of tetebatu.stay in jaya home stay make you easier to organize many thing for travel around tetebatu and around lombok,completed with internet access ( WiFi ) 24 hour, rice field view etc. And also organize about the sasak tour to see the ceremony. IDR 125.000. edit
- Pondok Indah Bungalows, Jl. Monkey Forest, Tetebatu, 83662 (100 meters before the football field), ☎ +6282340585501. Just three rooms here, all in a traditional lumbung ricebarn style. Lovely views out over rice paddies with Mount Rinjani in the background and all-in-all, a really charming little place. Has a reasonable enough cafe attached. The owner, Lalu, speaks good English and is really friendly and knowledgeable about local culture and sights. About Rp 250,000. edit
- Pondok Tetebatu Cottages & Caffe, Jl. Pariwisata, Tetebatu, Lombok, Nusa Tenggara Barat, Indonesia,, ☎ +6285337415142 ([email protected]), . checkin: 08:00-12:00; checkout: 08:00-12:00. From Here, you can hiking To the Rice Fields, Waterfall, Small Village, Monkey Forest And travel around East Lombok Rp150.000/night. edit
- Mount Rinjani — you are on the southern slopes of the Mount Rinjani National Park here, and the energetic can proceed onwards to organise a climb of Indonesia's second highest volcano.
- Gili Islands — after a full dose of Sasak culture and highland jungles, these sun-soaked islands could be the perfect complement.