Teplice (German: Teplitz) is a city in Bohemia, Czech Republic. Teplice is known for its thermal spas, which are particularly popular with visitors from the Middle East. The town used to be one of the most prestigious spas in the world and hosted famous persons such as Ludwig Van Beethoven.
You can use daily direct train connections from Prague main station or Holešovice station. Price for one-way ticket is approximately 150 CZK (~7 EUR). Train comes nearly every hour during working days. You can visit Usti nad Labem city center on the way as the train stops in the main station situated there, train connections to Teplice from Usti are even more frequent. Buses from Prague are also available and cheaper, however not nearly as comfortable.
- FK Teplice Football Club play their matches at Na Stinadlech stadium. They play in the Gambrinus League, the top league in the Czech republic, and have also qualified for European competition several times in recent seasons.
- Sanov is a part of town having many old, large and beautiful german villas which were built by german and czech wealthy class. It is full of architectonical gems worth seeing.
- A large chateau with museum, church, restaurants and hotels located near the city centre. Acompanied by a large park called chateau garden with two lakes. You can rent a boat there.
- There is a garden house ("Zahradní dům") with many cultural events happening in it lately, try asking around.
- There are many fountains all around the city centre, very romantic in spring/summer evenings.
- A big theatre just a few steps from the chateau and city centre. It has a restaurant with very cheap meals.
- Walk in one of the attractive parks which are located around the city centre.
- There is a freely accessible castle ruin situated at the edge of the town.
- Many cheap café's are available around the city centre.
- Hotel & Restauraci Zlatý Kříž, Masarykova 43, ☎ + 420 417 531 343, . Hotel with a restaurant and rooms with en-suite, satellite TV, and internet connection. Beside the restaurant terrace a children's playground is available. Carpark is also available. single: 750 CZK, double: 1.300 CZK, children under 2 for free. edit