Tinerhir is a town in the High Atlas region of Morocco.
Tinerhir is between Dades Gorge (1 hour by car) and Merzouga (2.5 hours) on the tourist trail.
Gran Taxi from Tinejdad (20dh). Bus from Ouarzazate (35dh).
North of Tinerhir, all along the Todra river until the Todra Gorge, there is a beautiful palmeraie or oasis full of little paths next to the water canals, where the people of the villages around grow their vegetables and their palm trees. It is very interesting to have a walk around, and even to make all the 15 km that separate Tinerhir from the Todra Gorge. If you need a guide, you can contact Abdel and Naima, who speak english and very fluent french and have also rooms available in their house: 
Take a day hike in the beautiful Todra Gorge. Catch a grand taxi (7Dh) up the gorge then walk further past the last of the hotels and the end of the narrow section of gorge. You can then turn left and head up the trail following the usually dry riverbed. Once you reach the first saddle (and not before) turn about 90 degrees left to a clearly marked donkey trail heading down a little. Following this you will reach a small Berber nomad encampment from which you continue circling left and from then the trail is very clear. The trail will take 2-3 hours and if you ever lost there several paired cairns that you should aim for the middle of (or just look for donkey dung).
The Todra Oasis is also one of the most beautiful ones in Morocco. Well worth a little stroll amongst its big palm trees, the clear river and its many little canals. You will also see how agriculture is done here. Cross the river to the other side and explore an abandonded Berber village.
The Todra Gorge is also an excellent place for rock climbing.
- Restaurant Panorama Todra, firstname.lastname@example.org (8km before Todra Gorge on right side), ☎ +212 06 77 00 49 72, . serves traditional local food (Bio) in cosy atmoshere. Take a seat on the terrace with a great view onto the Todra Oasis and mountains and the peaceful sounds of the river below and birds. 8-12Euro. edit
- Auberge la vallée (1300m), email@example.com (todgha gorge), ☎ 0678388989. it's nice place to have a great lunch tajins or couscous edit
- Streetfood, (Tinerhir city center). There´s plenty in the center of the city near the bus station. If you´re at the bus station looking to west turn left, you´ll see a park on your left. Turn right just after Hotel Toghra. To have a great sandwich follow the street to the small square between some restaurants, where people are selling all kind of stuff. Turn right into an covered alley. Some meters on your right you´ll find a small restaurants with tiled walls. They make really good and cheap sandwiches and fish. edit
- For a stay with Berber character head to Guesthouse Panorama Todra offering clean, beautifully decorated rooms, local homecooked food and traditional music. It is 8km in front of Todra Gorge and offers great views onto Oasis and surrounding mountains. It is owned by a Berber family who also speaks English, French and Spanish and is happy to provide information on local walks and climbing routes. If you want they can also provide a guided tour.
- The Oasis Hotel is a cheap hotel located very close to where the buses will drop you off. Friendly English-speaking staff is on hand to help you plan a journey to the Todra Gorge, the times of Berber lorries, and other trips into the mountains. The roof offers a wonderful view into the mountains and is a great place to relax, drink tea, and meet locals, however the beds are poor and the bathrooms can be smelly.
- Auberge Etoile des Gorges, hotel right at the entrance to the gorge with terraces built into the rocks. Double Room from 100 DH or 150 DH with dinner and breakfast, bathrooms ensuite, food served. (Drive directly to the gorge, until you see the giant walls. There is a hotel with almost the same name in a village before called Tizgui, it's not the one.)
- If you prefer to live a more authentic experience, rooms are available in the house of Abdel and Naima, who organize guided treks in the Todra Oasis until the Todra Gorges. You will share the everyday life of a Moroccan family, living in their house: their little farm, their children, going to the market, preparing the food, etc. Double room 250 Dh with breakfast included. They live in Ait Boujane 4 km north of Tinerhir, but they have a car and can pick you up in Tinerhir. Séjour Authentique chez Abdel et Naïma