Temple is a city in the Blackland Prairie region of Texas.
- Czech Heritage Museum, 520 N. Main, 254 773 1575, . Focuses on Czech immigration and culture contributions to the multi-ethnic mix of the state.
- Historic town square
- Belton Lake - 6 miles west of town. Fishing, Swimming, Water Skiing
- Temple High School Athletics- Friday night football
- 2nd Street Emporium, 8 S 2nd St, 254 770 0088.
- Aunt Minnie's Antiques, 504 N 3rd St, 254 778 6010.
- Fern's Antiques, 108 N Main St, 254 899 9866.
- Hart's Antiques, 3 S 2nd St, 254 771 3380.
- Casa Ole Restaurant & Cantina, 3111 S 31st St # 3049 (in Temple Mall), 254 778 5399. Good Tex-Mex place well known for its chips and salsa.
- Cheeves Brothers Steak House, 14 E Avenue A, 254 742 2300, ]. Good local steakhouse. Try the tenderloin and the Caesar salad.
- Dynasty Chinese Restaurant, 2501 Airport Rd., 254 778 4434, . Features a better-than-average buffet.
- Pignetti's Italian Restaurant, 14 S 2nd St, 254 778 1269, . Great Italian fare in a romantic atmosphere. Reservations accepted.
- Wes's Burger Shack, 4 South Main Street Temple, TX 76501 (Located in downtown Temple), . Great burgers, Wayne holds the record for most patties in a burger consumed in one sitting. Good people, good prices, check it out. edit
- Duck Tavern, 12 S 2nd St, 254 770 0502, . Upscale lounge bar with pool and a selection of cigars.
- Hilton Garden Inn Temple, 1749 Scott Boulevard, 254 773 0200. High speed internet, jacuzzi, pool, and a restaurant on premises.
- Quality Inn Temple, 1610 W Nugent Ave, 254 770 1100. Free internet and a decent breakfast.
- Fairfield Inn, 1402 SW H K Dodgen Loop, 254 771 3030. Basic accommodations with free internet.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Belton Texas Hotel, 229 West Loop 121, Belton, Texas 76513, ☎ 254-939-2772 - firstname.lastname@example.org, . La Quinta Inn & Suites is a Temple, Texas hotel offering pet and family friendly rooms, business amenities, meeting facilities, swimming pool and hot tub, free breakfast, and a Temple, TX location edit
- America's Best Value Inn (ABVI), 915 north general bruce drive, ☎ 254-771-3264, . checkin: 2:00 pm; checkout: 11:00 am. Free high speed wireless internet access in all rooms and lobby area, free continental breakfast, all rooms are interior corridors, pet friendly, Kids under 12 stay Free, expanded cable TV with 80+ channels including HBO,Complimentary Coffee brewed fresh daily $35-$65. edit
- Residence Inn Temple, 4301 South General Bruce Drive Temple, TX 76502, ☎ (254) 773-8400, . Free internet & breakfast, part of marriott chain, pool, hot tub, BBQs, cocktail hours during the week, neighborhood behind hotel (good for running/walking) edit
- Lake Belton is just west of town.
- Miller Springs Natural Area, FM 2305 (off Texas Highway 36 north of town). The park is comprised of a wetland area created by the overflow of Lake Belton in 1992 and some areas of restored Blackland Prairie, including a mile-long handicap accessible boardwalk. Popular for hiking and nature photography.