Temecula is a city in Riverside County in Southern California.
Temecula Valley Balloon & Wine Festival
Temecula Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau - . 28690 Mercedes Street, Suite A. Phone: 888-363-2852/951-491-6085. Pick up maps, visitors guides, event listings, coupons and get the inside information on where to visit from the staff. Open daily.
Temecula is located about an 45 minutes north of San Diego on Interstate 15. It is an hour south of San Bernardino on Interstate 15, and about an hour south of Riverside on Interstate 215.
The closest airports are located in San Diego, 45 minutes south, and Ontario, 45 minutes north.
French Valley (ICAO: F70) general aviation airport is located east of town. It is a popular location for small aircraft.
Beware that though Temecula is serviced by some buses, they are unreliable at best. Thus, Temecula has virtually NO public transportation. If you are visiting, you should either have your own car or rent one, as the city is very spread out and the lack of public transport makes driving a necessity.
- Old Town Temecula, just west of the I-15, exit Rancho California and turn right on Jefferson/Old Town Front Street. This is the oldest and most historic part of town, complete with old western architecture and charming shops and restaurants. There is a lot of new development going on and it's worth taking half a day exploring Old Town.
- Temecula Olive Oil Company  28653 Old Town Front St. Tel: 1-866-654-8364. Retail shop and olive oil tasting -- a unique experience with helpful hosts who are happy to explain the differences in olive oil in detail.
- Wine Tasting - the Temecula valley has 30+ Wineries  with tasting rooms, including Callaway (owned by the same family as the golf club company) - other popular choices include Thornton, Stuart Cellars, Mount Palomar, Wilson Creek and Falkner. The Grapeline Wine Country Shuttle  picks up at all local hotels and takes you out for a full day of wine tasting. Your San Diego Limousine  also offers 1 free hr. of their limo service for Temecula wine tours with 5 hr. booking and has 2 for 1 tasting coupons for many wineries in Temecula. Aall In Limo  organizes private wine tasting tours in Temecula Valley, for couples, families or group of friends, with pick-ups anywhere from San Diego and Temecula.
- Temecula Valley Balloon & Wine Festival  - in June
- The Great Bull Run - Temecula will host the first running of the bull event on 21 Jun 2014, similar to bull runs in Pamplona, Spain.
- Out and About Though there are a fair few shops and restaurants, Temecula (especially downtown) is not known as a late night club/bar scene, with the exception of Pechanga. Much of that is changing as many of the resaurants and bars are providing night time entertainment, such as kareoke at Texas Lils or live music at The Edge and The Collective.
- Pechanga Resort and Casino  - a Las Vegas gaming experience in Southern California home to a modern night club, several up-scale restaurants and food court, and theatre which plays host to many famous acts touring across the country
- Old Town Temecula Community Theater 
- The Temecula Rod Run  - annual hot rod festival in Old Town Temecula in February
- Palomar Observatory 
- Textures Fiber Arts Show (Art Quilts at the Merc), 42051 Main St, Temecula, Ca., ☎ 866-653-8696, . Various. Art quilts on display Oct 1, to Nov 28, 2010. Open during theater hours and other select times. Artist reception Oct 1, 2010 5:30p-7p. Outdoor quilt show Oct 2 sponsored by the Valley of the Mist Quilt Guild. Free. edit
- Cabaret at the Merc, 42051 Main Street, Temecula, California 92590, ☎ 866.653.9696, . On the last sunday of every month, the two producers in association with Temecula Presents have brought the best of Broadway. From Billy Joel & Elton John, to Contemporary Broadway to nights of Disney, Queen & Motown, Cabaret at The Merc is the go-to spot to see the hottest theatrical talent in Southern California. $20-$25. edit
- Old Town Temecula is considered the best area for tourists looking to pick up that nice little souvenir of Temecula. This area has many quaint and charming shops.
- Temecula does have a conventional shopping mall, The Promenade. The mall has gone under extentsive redesign to set itself as an upscale mall with shops including Coach and Apple.
- Temecula has more than its fair share of '50s-style diners, most located on the west side of the freeway, along Main Street.
- The Bank of Mexican Food  good Mexican food in what used to be the area bank.
- If you are looking for something less local, a drive up along Rancho California or Temecula Parkway/79 has numerous options for chain restaurants.
- Tamarindo Grill, . edit
Lots of locally produced wine.
- Temecula Beer & Wine Garden small and friendly outdoor bar located in Old Town near the bus depot and Sweet Lumpy's Barbeque.
- La Cereza Winery  Located on Rancho California. This winery has wine tasting and a cigar bar.
- Best Western Country Inn, 27706 Jefferson Avenue, ☎ +1 951 676-7378 (fax: +1 951 699-7995), . edit
- Holiday Inn Express, 27660 Jefferson Avenue, ☎ +1 951 699-2444, . edit
- Motel 6 Temecula - Rancho California, 41900 Moreno Drive, ☎ +1 951 676-7199 (fax: +1 951 676-2619), . edit
- Quality Inn, 27338 Jefferson Ave, ☎ +1 951 296-3788, . edit
- Temecula Hotels, Temecula, CA, . edit
Temecula is considered to be one of the safest cities in all of California. Virtually every area of town is considered safe to walk, but caution should be taken walking at night in the area around the apartment complexes on Pujol Street near Old Town, and the area of the apartment complexes just east of the Rancho California/Ynez intersection across from the Temecula Town Center.
Though still relatively safe, there has been an increase in gang activity and the usual related crimes: drugs, car thefts and assaults.
- San Diego, to the south, is accessible via I-15S.
- Oceanside and Carlsbad are among the closer beach communities and can be accessed via I-15S to 78W.