It is the center of Hilir Perak district and the third largest town of Perak state. Although the name means "Diamond Bay", the town is not located near a bay. It is founded around the oxbow meander of the Perak River, making the town looks like near a bay. The locals believes that in the future, the river’s flow will erode the narrow neck of the land between the loops of the meander and turning the town into an island.
The only method to get in is by local bus services. You may hire a taxi but the price isn't cheap.
- Station: Medan Kidd
- Company: Ipoh - Telok Anson Express Sdn Bhd
- Time: Every hour from 7am until 7pm
- Fare: Adult-RM7.20 Child-RM3.50
From Kuala Lumpur
- Station: Puduraya & Hentian Duta
- Company: Transnasional Express Sdn Bhd
- Time: Every hour from 9am until 10pm
- Fare: Adult-RM14.20
From KLIA Airport
- KLIA - Bidor - Teluk Intan - Sitiawan - Lumut
- Company: Star Shuttle
- Fare: Adult-RM45 (Two Way RM80)
- Website: Star Shuttle
From Bagan Datoh
- Bagan Datoh - Selekoh - Hutan Melintang - Teluk Intan
- Company: Lower Perak Motor Service
- Fare: Adult-RM5.20
Saturday Night Market(Sunday Morning Market) Every Saturday night and Sunday morning, there will be a flea market selling local Malay delicacies. The location is near the Leaning Tower.
Chitra Pournami Festival During beginning of May or sometimes end of April, there will be a festival of observed on the day of the full moon in the month of Chitirai. The whole street at the city center will be closed and a lots of stalls selling various of Hindu traditional snacks, offerings and others are being set up. This is the largest festival held in Teluk Intan every year and it is very similar to Thaipusam.
Pekan Baru Wet Market Every Sunday morning, there will be a flea market selling varieties of stuff, clothes,local food and fresh food ingredients. The market also sell the food ingredients during normal days. Only during Sunday, the place is crowded with hawkers and customers. The location is near to the Pekan Baru.
- Leaning Tower of Teluk Intan. The tower is built in 1885 by Mr. Leong Choon Cheong for the purpose as water tower, and as a beacon to guide ships into Teluk Intan Port. Later, it was used as local Boy Scouts’ Headquarter, and now, as the local tourist attraction. The tower was tilted due to the underground stream. The area around the tower was once shores water, but now was paved with bricks and become plaza.
- Batu Tenggek (Growing Rock). This rock was believed to be placed by the British soldier originally in a size of a matchbox. This small rock grew bigger each year until it reach the size of a boulder.
- Riverside Playground. The biggest riverside playground in Teluk Intan. It provides many facilities for Ansonians to play and exercise. It also provides a barbeque site for the public. Nearby the playground has a small jetty which offer tourists boat ride and it is one of the best spot for fishing in Teluk Intan. At night, the parking lot there will become a small "i-city". The LED lights were hanged on the trees and it create a nice spot for photographing. edit
- Heong Peah
Chinese traditional biscuit with crispy layer outside, soft malt sugar paste inside. Teluk Intan Heong Peah is very famous as well as Heong Peah from Gunung Rapat (Ipoh). It is the best thing to buy as souvenirs.
- Mastan Ghani Mee & Rojak (HALAL), Teluk Intan Town (near the Menara Condong). The Best & Famous Mee Rebus & Rojak in town......located in few area in Teluk Intan town. Should try & u wont regret.. edit
- Krishnan Restaurant (Halal), Jalan Changkat Jong (Near to Ansoka Hotel). U can get the best Home style Fried Chicken here. edit
Port Cafe (Halal)Edit
address="194G Jalan Intan 5 Bandar Baru Teluk Intan 36000 Teluk Intan" directions="Near to Bank Rakyat Bandar Baru Teluk Intan and 5 mins walking distance from Teluk Intan new bus station" phone="0165556020" url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Port-Cafe" hours="1230 - 2230" price="RM3.50-RM46.90" lat="" long="">Being the first outlet to introduce nasi arab Mandy (cuisine from Middle East). Apart of that they also serve ayam penyet (original recipe from Indonesia). For those who wants to have western dishes, they have them too. Grilled chicken chop, lamb chop, fish & chips just to name a few. If you like soup, they have sup tulang, sup gear-box and also sup perut for your tummy. Do not forget to try their Bakso. It is originally made with recipe from Surabaya, Indonesia. For local taste, they do also serve nasi goreng, mee ladna, bihun Singapore, etc.</eat>
Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun (Non-Halal)Edit
Soft boiled noodle stuffed with seasoned pork. It is very different from the traditional Hong Kong Chee Cheong Fun which usually stuffed with shrimps and serve wet. Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun normally served dry and with some green chili pickles. good
Gulam Rasul (Halal)Edit
The largest Nasi Kandar stall in Teluk Intan, and it is the local favorite site during the lunchtime. It is well known for its delicious Nasi Kandar dishes.
Keng Heng KopitiamEdit
The old traditional Chinese kopitiam, selling various kind of mee and breakfast at morning, and there will be Nasi Kandar at lunchtime. During afternoon, there will be Wantan Mee and fish balls (home made) and traditional kuih. It has been the locals’ favorite site due to the delicious traditional Chinese food they offer. There is a small photo gallery of the Teluk Intan Leaning Tower in this Kopitiam, which has more historical value than the photo gallery inside the Leaning Tower itself.
===TA Sin Guan Tin 安顺新源珍 the most Famous Heong Peah in here, www.bisgood.com.my
- Lo Hon Ko
There is a famous stall at Jalan Sekolah which sells cold drinks and snacks. The name of the stall is called Lo Hon Ko, however, the stall is famous for its Ais Kacang (blended ice).
- Yao Yao Bing
Also near the Lo Hon Ko stall, there are another local delicacy called Yao Yao Bing, which is a home made sherbet with a local favorite flavor. However, the Yao Yao Bing stall are not always open. If the stall is open, the sherbet sold out very fast.
- Hainan Coffee
The best place to have specially roast Hainan Coffee is Keng Heng Kopitiam. It is a kind of Robusta coffee. However, the local worker group prefers sweeter taste. Thus, the coffee usually taste too sweet for normal people. Make sure to ask for the coffee for less sugar.
- Port Cafe, 194G Jalan Intan 5 Bandar Baru Teluk Intan, 36000 Teluk Intan, Perak (Near Bank Rakyat Bandar Baru Teluk Intan and 5mins walking distance from Teluk Intan new bus station.), ☎ 0165556020, . 1230-2230. They served hot & cold beverages. Coffees are manually frothed using high premium brand of coffee. The ice blended is mixed with milk, not with plain water. Thus it has milky rich taste. Port Cafe brings in imported drinks too like Barbican, Rani (both imported from Saudi) and also Teh Botol (imported from Indonesia) just to match with their food like Nasi Arab & ayam penyet. RM1.50-RM4.90. edit
Located at Hospital Teluk Intan, Di tanggung Halal...capati from RM1 to Kepala Kari Ikan RM230. Food tastes vary according to weather.
- Yew Boutique Hotel, 724, Jalan Pasar, 36000 Teluk Intan Perak., ☎ 05-6236688. 2 mins walking distance to famous chee cheong fun, in city location at Jalan Pasar ( same row as Public Bank), air-con, in-house cafe, great bath water pressure, with Sungai perak and city view, roof top terrace and lots more ! edit
- Century Tudor Lodge, 22-36 Jalan Teratai, Taman Indah Jaya (Off Jalan Sultan Abdullah), ☎ 05-6234232. 8 units of tastefully designed English Tudor Houses for you to experience traditional English Style Tudor living. All rooms are air-conditioned with attached hot/cold water shower. Individual room rates from 70 ringgit. Whole house (6 rooms) rates from 400 ringgit. Ample private parking available. edit
- Angsoka Hotel, 24, Jalan Changkat Jong, ☎ 05-6223755, . Near city centre. All rooms have air-con, hot/cold water, shower. Conference/function room, credit card facilities, swimming pool. From 55 ringgit. edit
- Anson Hotel, Jalan Sekolah, ☎ 05-6226166. City centre. All rooms have air-con, hot/cold water, shower. Conference/function room, credit card facilities, laundry, café. From 60 ringgit. edit
- Hoover Hotel, 177-178, Jalan Sultan Abdullah, ☎ 05-6222216. All rooms have air-con, hot/cold water, shower. Laundry, café. From 100 ringgit. edit
- Kok Min Hotel, 1065-A, Jalan Sekolah, ☎ 05-6221529. City Centre. Café. All rooms with ceiling fans. From 25 ringgit. edit
- G-City Hotel, Jalan Sultan Abdullah, ☎ 05-6229586. checkin: 2.00pm; checkout: 12.00pm. All rooms fully air-conditioner, WIFI services and very clean and good in condition. RM55. edit
- Sri Bandar Hotel, Jalan Sultan Abdullah, ☎ 05-6237534. checkin: 2.00pm; checkout: 12.00pm. All rooms fully air-conditioner, WIFI services and very clean and good in condition RM72.60. edit
- The Ruin of Raja Muda's Palace.
This palace was once the official residence of The Raja Muda of Perak. After the demised of The Raja Muda of Perak, the palace was neglected and drug addicts took over and stripped the palace. The remains of the palace is believed to be haunted. Also, it is illegal to going into the area because it is the property of Perak's Sultan. The Ruin is located next to the mansion of Dato. Mah, a near Jalan Sekolah (There are many Secondary schools around).
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|