Teignmouth is a coastal town in South Devon. It is situated on the north bank of the estuary mouth of the River Teign in an area of the South Devon coast that is famed for its red sandstone cliffs. It has a population of approx 14,000.
In 1690, it was the last place in England to be invaded by a foreign power, when a contingent of the French fleet anchored of Torbay attacked the town. The town grew from a fishing port associated with the Newfoundland cod industry to a fashionable resort of some note in Georgian times, with further expansion after the opening of the South Devon Railway in 1846.
Today, its port still operates and the town remains a popular seaside holiday location.
Every summer it hosts a folk festival , Jazz festival  and Carnival .
Teignmouth has a train station located near the centre of town on the line from London Paddington to Penzance in Cornwall. It is served by Crosscountry and First Great Western trains. The journey from Exeter is famous for its beauty as it hugs the red sandstone cliffs with great views out to open sea. It is worth getting the train to Exeter just for the journey. Teignmouth is also just 15 miles from Exeter International Airport  which has scheduled flights to many destinations in the UK and Europe.
- From the North there is the B3192 which is off the A380 (Telegraph Hill) which is a winding route going through the mostly forested areas. These are particularly colourful in the Autumn.
- From the East the A370 from Exeter takes a longer and more scenic route along the Exe estuary going through Kenton, Starcross and Dawlish.
- From the West the A381, again off the A380, at Kingsteington has some panoramic views up the Teign Estuary towards Teignmouth itself.
- From the South the B3199 from Torquay via Shaldon (which is situated on the opposite bank of the Teign estuary overlooking Teignmouth).
Most of Teignmouth can easily be reached by foot. Taxis can be found near the train station. Buses leave from the centre of town for Exeter, Torquay and Newton Abbot.
The beach and promenade stretch the entire length of the town and there is a Victorian pier and promenade.
There is a new childrens play area and mini golf on the grass area by the beach front called 'The Den'.
- Teignmouth Museum, 29 French Street, ☎ +44 1626 777041, . Small museum showing history of Teignmouth and Shaldon. edit
The south west coast path, which passes through the town, is a great way to see the coast in this part of Devon 
- Carlton Theatre, The Den, TQ14 8BD, ☎ +44 1626 778 991, . Small local theatre. edit
- Teignmouth Lido, Eastcliff Walk, TQ14 8TA, ☎ +44 1626 779063. Outside heated swimming pool. Located at the seafront. Qualified lifeguards on duty at all times. Children under 4 go free. Reduced rates after 2pm. Adult £4.00, Children £2.50. edit
- Teignmouth Golf Club, Haldon Moor, TQ14 9NY, ☎ 44 1626 777070, . edit
- Fishing - There is some excellent sea fishing to be had from Teignmouth, indeed it is famed for its flounder fishing. There is also a chance of bass, mackeral and there is some good game fishing to be had with both salmon and seatrout running up the river Teign.
- Nautilus Seafood Restaurant, Nautilus Seafood Restaurant 34 Brunswick Street TQ14 8AF, ☎ +44 1626 776 999. Lunch Wednesday to Saturday 12.00 to 14.00, Dinner Tuesday to Sat from 18.30. Try the tapas. edit
- The Owl and Pussycat, 3 Teign Street, TQ14 8EA, ☎ +44 1626 775321, . Monday to Friday Lunch: 10.00 - 14.30 Dinner: 18.00 - 21.30 Saturday Lunch: 10.00 - 14.30 Dinner: 18.00 - 22.00 Sunday Bookings essential Lunch: Noon - 15.00 Dinner: 18.00 - 21.30. Courtyard garden. edit
- Naz Indian Cuisine, 9 Somerset Place, TQ14 8EN, ☎ +44 1626 774 786. Excellent Indian Restaurant edit
- Ship Inn, Queen St, Back Beach, Teignmouth TQ14 8BY. Good pub looking over the back beach. Outside seating. Great to see the sunset. Serves food. edit
- Brass Monkey, Hollands Road, TQ14 8SR, ☎ +44 1626 773961. edit
- The Sail Loft, 6 St James' Mews, Exeter Street TQ14 8JB, ☎ +44 117 924 7371, . 4 star modern holiday home which sleeps 6 people. Car port and Garage edit
- The Bay Hotel, 15 Powderham Terrace, TQ14 8BL, ☎ +44 1626 774 123, . 17 Bedrooms edit
Teignbridge council 
RNLI Teignmouth Lifeboat 
Teignmouth Harbour Commission