Tehachapi is a city in Kern County, California at the top of the Tehachapi Mountains which separate the San Joaquin Valley from the Mojave Desert.
Tehachapi is unusually windy. One of the largest Wind Farms in the United States is located here.
- Bakersfield Yellow Cab (661) 374-2227
- Rosamond Yellow Cab (661) 256-2227
- Southland Yellow Cab (661) 723-2227
- Tehachapi Yellow Cab (661) 771-2227
Hiking. There are lots of excellent trails and parks for outdoor activities. Some include:
- Tehachapi Mountain Park- great park on the base of Tehachapi mountain, the highest mountain in nearby range. A 3 mile trail will take you to the summit, almost 8,000 ft altitude.
- The Pacific Crest Trail passes through Tehachapi along highway 58.
- City Slickers Restaurant & Saloon, 1001 West Tehachapi Boulevard, ☎ (661) 822-4939, . Monday – Thursday, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. Friday & Saturday, 11 a.m. – 12 a.m. Sunday, 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.. One of the best bars in the area. Has decent food, karaoke on Thursday nights, and other specials all week long. edit
- Stallion Springs Resort .,28681 Stallion Springs Dr, 1.888.828.6745, An out-of-the-city, out-of-the-ordinary, quiet, friendly timeshare environment offering one and two bedroom luxury cottages with swimming and seasonal tennis and golf nearby.
- Best Western Country Park Hotel, 420 W Tehachapi Boulevard, ☎ +1 661 823-1800 (fax: +1 661 823-1600), . edit
- Best Western Mountain Inn, 418 W Tehachapi Boulevard, ☎ +1 661 822-5591 (fax: +1 661 822-6197), . edit
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 901 Capital Hills Pkwy & Hwy 58, ☎ +1 661 822-9837, . edit
- Tehachapi Loop, Woodford-Tehachapi Rd, 5.5 miles west of Tehachapi. The Tehachapi Loop is a favorite of railroad fans around the world. It is one of the few places where a train can be seen passing over itself. The loop is an engineering feat that lowered the grade required for the railroad to climb over the pass between the High Desert from the Central Valley. A number of historical markers can be found overlooking the loop. edit