Tasikmalaya is a city and regency south east of Bandung, West Java, Indonesia.
Tasikmalaya is also known as simply Tasik, which means 'sea'.
Tasikmalaya is about 106 Km from Bandung, it can be reach within 2.5 hours travel from Bandung using national road via Limbangan - Malangbong - Ciawi or 3.5 hours travel using alternative road via Garut - Singaparna.
Tasikmalaya can be reach by Bus from any major cities in Java such as from Jakarta (24 hours bus from Jakarta are available), from Bandung (daylight from 5 AM to 7 PM), Surabaya, Semarang, Cirebon, Bekasi and Yogyakarta.
If you want to head to Tasikmalaya by Train, it can be reach by Executive and Business class train from Bandung, and also economy class train from Kiaracondong Bandung and from Jakarta.
Travel around the city by using available angkot (city transport) to take you to several place in Tasikmalaya, or perhaps ucing a Becak.
- Kampung Naga - A traditional village with traditional culture located at the bank of Ciwulan river at Salawu district, west of Tasikmalaya.
- Pantai Cipatujah - Natural beach located at southernmost part of Tasikmalaya, about 90 Km from Tasikmalaya city.
- Makam Pamijahan - Religious tourism object, located at Bantarkalong district, the place where Syeikh Abdul Muhyi tomb (Well known Islamic missionaries) located.
- Pantai Karang Tawulan - Natural beach located on Southern East part of the regencies.
- Situ Gede - Small natural lake located near the heart of Tasikmalaya city.
- Wood Craft - Find the traditional wood craft from Tasikmalaya at Rajapolah, a well known Wood Craft Tourism district located at northern part of Tasikmalaya.
- Payung Tasik - An umbrella ala Tasikmalaya.
- Bordir Tasik - Traditional embroidery made in Tasikmalaya, can be found at Kawalu district.
- eeng, RTV. mie bakso SILIWANGI, is noodles with meatballs edit
TUTUG ONCOM OR RICE MIXED WITH ONCOM, its very special food and only in tasikmalaya
MIE BAKSO SILIWANGI or NOODLE AND MEATS BALLS is a simple and popular food.
- Agar Agar Rumput Laut or (Seaweed Jelly) made fresh from original seaweed, can be found at Cipatujah beach.
- Lahang, a traditional drink can be found at seller located on the sideroad of Kadipaten district, north of Tasikmalaya.
Bubur ayam Jl.Gunung Sabeulah
- Baso Solo Mas H. Kiman, Jalan Ahmad Yani Ruko No. 3, . edit
- ABON HAJI DUDU ECI, jl empang sari (dalam) no 9a, ☎ 62 265321537. ABON HAJI Dudu Eci: one of the oldest Abon maker in Tasikmalaya. Product is known by aristocracy and commoner for decades. edit
There are many hotels in Tasikmalaya to choose from. There is a cheap hotel, Merdeka, right down the road by the train station. Hotel Aden is also quite cheap at around 50,000 per night.