SPAM!! Please delete
Just to make our jobs a little easier. ;) -- Mark 16:20, 25 Jan 2006 (EST)
Spambot removing this top section
This top section keeps being removed by a strange automated spam-bot
What is it with that one spambot hitting this page and only this page!? Oh well, more grist for the spam filter mill... Jpatokal 09:16, 13 Nov 2005 (EST)
- It's dumbfounding. You'd think that a bot would hit more pages; but you'd also think that a human being would eventually get a clue. Anyways, yeah, it all gets to the spam filter eventually. --Evan 10:07, 13 Nov 2005 (EST)
- Seems like they like the top discussion on this page. I'll put this discussion at the top. Maybe that makes the situation clearer. Sorry for the distraction. Please see below for discussion of the Zurich article! -- Nojer2 14:44, 25 Jan 2006 (EST)
I haven't been able to find it, neither online nor on foot. Perhaps we should list one of the other hostels for which we can get a phone number and stuff. Meanwhile I've added Martahaus, which does have hostel facilities. If anybody has stayed at the Zurich Hostel, maybe they can put it back with details.
- Zurich Youth Hostel HI is far out of the city center. Forget it. The City Backpacker is located in the middle of the old town and very nice. It has mostly Backpacker guest. Self catering kitchen. Internet station. (it is near Martahaus http://www.city-backpacker.ch (with online reservations without extra fee or reservatiosn fees.
- I've added the hostel back to the list. It is located near Bhf Wollishofen. So that's not really far out of the city. In good reach with the public transport. They have a page on the net (as all hostels do). The rooms are nice and price is good.
Weird unidentified characters
I'm seeing one or two weird unidentified characters after or before umlouts in this article. e.g. in the clubbing section it mentions the word: Fö�rrlibuckstrasse. The browser fails to identify them, and shows an error character instead. Not sure if I should fix this by deleting the unidentified character, or maybe my browser is causing me to miss something (both IE and firefox). -- Nojer2 06:53, 14 Jun 2005 (EDT)
- I see Fö�rrlibuckstrasse too. It is a previous contributor's editing error.  indicates a possible corruption. I think it should be Förrlibuckstrasse. -- Huttite 07:25, 14 Jun 2005 (EDT)
- OK I also fixed it in the word 'caf�' and in the interlanguage link to 'de:z�rich' -- Nojer2 03:30, 16 Jun 2005 (EDT)
There's a new Zurich Hostel in the center of the old town, Limmatquai 88.1, the prices are, in comparaison, really cheap, so i added it. Sometimes it's called Zurich Hostel- Hostel Krone.
So, I can't find any info on the Zig-Zag, Zig-Zac, or "rock and roll" hotels in Zurich. I know the place exists, and it's a great one to recommend, but can some resident find the real name and address (and an URL, if possible)? --Evan 13:30, 6 Dec 2003 (PST)
- URL of the ZicZac Rock-Hotel: http://www.ziczac.ch/rockhotel/index.html
Hotel Otter emailed me to say:
From: "WuesteBar info-at-wueste.ch"
Subject: AW: Which rooms have ensuite shower/WC please?
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:31:34 +0100
the appartment has a private shower but the toilet is just on the
There is no other room with a private bathroom.
Von: Bob [mailto:...my_email_address...]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 21. November 2004 22:11
Betreff: Which rooms have ensuite shower/WC please?
Dear Hotel Otter,
I am interested in a double room or
appartment for a weekend in December,
but could you tell me which rooms
have ensuite shower and WC?
I understand that most rooms share
the facilities on the floor, but
does the appartment have its own?
Do any of the large double rooms
I have edited the article's Sleep section acccordingly. A similar query to martahaus hotel has gone unanswered. -Wikibob | Talk 01:07, 26 Nov 2004 (EST)
- I stayed in hotel Otter. Indeed they are shared bathrooms, but they're not shared between too many people actually. Basically there's a bathroom on each floor, and it's a narrow tall building, so I think there's just two or three rooms per bathroom. -- Nojer2 08:54, 1 Dec 2004 (EST)
- My wife and baby and I usually stay at the Martahaus, which although mostly a hostel has a number of rooms with shower and toilet which are really comparable with any other hotel.. the rooms are consistently very clean -- Mark 15:54, 1 Dec 2004 (EST)
The claim that Zähringerstrasse would be a unsafe place is simply not true. A crime can happen everywhere at any time in the world, and the Zähringerstrasse is not less safe than the surrounding streets. It's obvious that Niederdorf is not Zurich's first adress, and in areas with a lot of bars and night clubs you always risk to be victim of a crime. So please stick to the facts and talk about serious problems.
- Claridge Hotel Zurich**** Swiss Quality Hotel, Steinwiesstrasse 8-10, CH-8032, (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +41 (0)44 251 24 76). Four star hotel perfectly located, very quiet, just off the theatre and museum; within walking distance of the city's attractions, shopping streets and business districts.
www.claridge.com www.SwissQualityHotels.com edit
- Helmhaus**** Swiss Quality Hotel, Schifflände 30, CH-8001, (email@example.com, fax: +41 (0)44 266 95 66). In the heart of the city of Zurich a very traditional hotel with first-class service, hospitality, style and modern comfort.
www.helmhaus.ch www.SwissQualityHotels.com edit
- Rex*** Swiss Quality Hotel, Weinbergstrasse 92, CH-8006, (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +41 (0)44 251 24 76). Three star hotel only a few walking minutes away from the heart of Zurich. All rooms are non-smoking.
www.zuerich-hotels.ch www.SwissQualityHotels.com edit
- Wellenberg**** Swiss Quality Hotel, Niederdorfstrasse 10, CH-8001, (email@example.com, fax: +41 (0)43 888 44 45). The four star Art Deco hotel Wellenberg with its idyllic inner court terrace is located in the car free old part of Zurich. The rooms are modern and elegant.
www.hotel-wellenberg.ch www.SwissQualityHotels.com edit
I moved all the above hotels from the article page to here, because: (a) they were all today added by a single IP ; (b) they each link to www.SwissQualityHotels.com; (c) none of them give a price range.
I expanded one: "Ambassador à l'Opéra" and left it in the article. It would be more useful if such contributors could give more information, such as:
- price range of single to double rooms
- location of hotel in more detail, such as kilometres from Hauptbahnhof
Wikibob Talk 18:51, 23 December 2008 (EST)
- I have replied to User:188.8.131.52 to say "Yes, give prices and distances." See more at User talk:Wikibob#Thanks where I suggested also including noting whether rooms are non-smoking, number of tram stops from a landmark, and whether up a hill. Wikibob Talk 12:42, 24 December 2008 (EST)
Is the Get out section a little out of control? It's very long... texugo 02:27, 8 September 2011 (EDT)
Shouldn't districts be listed for this city? Could anybody help me out?