Thought I would start here before creating this article. Anyone else think an article about working abroad would be useful?
I'd like to get some ideas before starting. I view this as covering jobs abroad something like Mark did?
I figure it could cover the follow:
- Cost of living
- Jobs typically available overseas
- Tips for finding an apartment
- How to have documents authenticated by a foreign embassy (I'm currently undergoing this process)
- Expat life
Anyone want to throw their two cents in? - Andrew Haggard (Sapphire) 02:39, 27 May 2006 (EDT)
- I was just thinking about this yesterday. Plunge forward and I'll try to pitch in. Jpatokal 02:39, 27 May 2006 (EDT)
- That's when I started thinking about it. I didn't want to waste my time and have this VFD'd later, because others thought it wasn't worth it, but I like your judgement so I'll plunge forward. - Andrew Haggard (Sapphire) 02:43, 27 May 2006 (EDT)
 Preventing this from becoming Eurocentric
As you're the house resident expert on Asia. What would you recommend about "Get in and around". I don't want to get into the trap of making this a Eurocentric article. - Andrew Haggard (Sapphire) 04:22, 27 May 2006 (EDT)
- Planes fly to Asia too, I don't think there's anything particularly Eurocentric about that... Jpatokal 04:31, 27 May 2006 (EDT)
- I meant something more along the lines of locations which are better to start off in, For example: Fly to Bangkok and then taking a train to Pattaya? Is train travel easier there than car travel, or are busses the way to go in Asia?
- My expertise in the transportation department solely lies on American and European trains and planes. I can score huge discounts by knowing which airports to go to in the EU during a specific time of the year, but if I was going to Asia I'd be screwed. - Andrew Haggard (Sapphire) 04:42, 27 May 2006 (EDT)
We currently have "A local resource for finding jobs in Germany is JobScout24 or Jobs de. In France you will find jobs on CadrEmploi and in Spain on infoempleo.", where all the names are linked. I'd say that, as in the Teaching English article, we should refer people to the Work section of country articles for local details, and these links should be moved to those sections. Pashley 11:20, 17 March 2008 (EDT)
- Yes. Jpatokal 03:53, 18 March 2008 (EDT)
- Done. Pashley 23:25, 19 April 2008 (EDT)