"EDUCATIOANAL" (sic) institute
I'm not going to post in the main page, but the "educatioanal" (sic) institute in Rum sure looks like a fun place to study:  Jpatokal 08:39, 2 Nov 2004 (EST)
Protection of article
This post is to note that, due to numerous abusive edits, I have blocked unregistered users from editing this article. I hope it wasn't out of line to take action without consultations, and I apologize if it was. I'm not sure how best to have discussed this in advance.
All the best,
Ikan Kekek 00:47, 23 June 2011 (EDT)
- See Wikitravel:Protected pages. Permanent protection should generally not be done without discussion, so I've changed this page to a one-week protection and added a line to the "Temporary semi-protection" section of the protected pages policy. -- Ryan • (talk) • 01:19, 23 June 2011 (EDT)
- Thanks, Ryan. But I believe this article will need much more than one week's protection. We've had lots of unexplained deletions and additions of entries for tours and desert "Sleep" listings. Where do I propose a much longer period of protection, such as at least 6 months? Ikan Kekek 14:07, 23 June 2011 (EDT)
- The guidelines for longer protections are outlined on Wikitravel:Protected pages - basically, just leave a note on that page explaining why the protection has been applied. Six months might be a bit long for a first-time protection, so I'd suggest starting out with a shorter protection and increasing it as needed. -- Ryan • (talk) • 21:08, 23 June 2011 (EDT)
Are there street addresses in Wadi Rum? If there are, the tour agencies listed under "Do" should all include them in their listings. But are there? Ikan Kekek 01:59, 21 December 2011 (EST)
- I don't think there are any, Ikan --W. Franke-mailtalk 15:41, 31 October 2012 (EDT)
Unexplained deletions and duplications
It's probably fruitless to discuss it here (since the IP editors that are the culprits may not know or care to read here), but deletions and duplications of listing text (especially in the "Bedouin Camps" section) should not be made without an explanation on this page or in the edit summary or it is likely I will revert them.--W. Franke-mailtalk 15:41, 31 October 2012 (EDT)
Touting of Wadi Rum Mirage Camp listing
Presumably for marketing reasons, the abc order of listings keeps being disturbed by the listing of Wadi Rum Mirage Camp being moved to the top of the list.
At least 3 warnings have now been given:
and if this happens again this Wadi Rum Mirage Camp listing (or any other offending listing) should just be deleted completely pour encourager les autres. --Ttcf (talk) 19:04, 28 February 2014 (EST)
- "Wadi Rum Mirage Camp" listing has been deleted 02 Mar 2014 after being moved to the top more than 3 times. --Ttcf (talk) 15:20, 2 March 2014 (EST)
- IP address has been blocked today, twice listing was added to top of list after having been removed & IP address removed all other listings as well. If someone is trying to add the listing again, please do so keeping the alphbetical order in place, as mentioned above. Thanks! Adzas (talk) 16:10, 9 March 2014 (EDT)
- Thank you for your intervention, Adzas.
- It's sad when IP addresses have to be blocked, but (if they actually know where and how to read them) these particular business marketeers have had plenty of warning... --Ttcf (talk) 17:57, 9 March 2014 (EDT)