Actually, Ugandans consider their country East African, not Central African.
(From anonymous user. I compromised with "east central" Africa. -- Nils 09:18, 13 Apr 2004 (EDT))
Is it really true that Swahili is useful in Uganda? Every guidebook says so, but several Ugandans denied it to me
- I have had the same experience. From what I could gather, using or not using Swahili is something of a political statement to some people. I never got around to digging any further, but I guess the most sensible thing would be not to try Swahili unless you actually hear someone use it.
It is indeed a political statement - Swahili was enforced by Amin's regime so when he was overthrown the people refused to continue with it. It is still understood to some extent but you should be careful where you use it - it can be taken badly! English is pretty widely used here.
This article could really do with some photos! There seems to be a distinct absence of Ugandan images on wikitravel, so if you have any upload them! Tsandell 18:19, 4 June 2006 (EDT)
Guys is there a way to cross Uganda from Sudan ?
Yes after the peace agreement in sudan in year 2005 , u can cross by land from Sudan to Uganda
I think it would be easiest just to use these regions 
From what I gather  , Rwenzori Mountains National Park does not cover enough area to call it a region, and the political regions are just right in terms of number. ChubbyWimbus 21:39, 25 January 2010 (EST)
- Looks like a good scheme to me. AHeneen 01:34, 26 January 2010 (EST)
- Yes, and for once, a govt seems to have made life easy for us :). --Burmesedays 01:46, 26 January 2010 (EST)
- Map done as per this discussion and put new region scheme in place.--Burmesedays 01:17, 15 March 2010 (EDT)
There were way too many listed. I cut the list to 9 as per policy, and removed the following:
- Aswa-Lolim former Game Reserve Is in northern Uganda on the east bank of the Albert Nile. Today it is a series of huge ranches, but there is still considerable wildlife which is controlled by the Uganda Wildlife Authority.
- Lake Mburo National Park located in southern Uganda. Use Mihingo Lodge just outside the park and take horse-back safaris from here.
- Lake Bunyonyi is a charming lake dotted with little islands you could relax on. The area is considered to look a bit like Switzerland.
- Ngamba Island is small fascinating island of Lake Victoria where Ngamba Chimpanzee Sanctuary is located. The Sanctuary was established in the October 1998 as a project to take care of young orphaned Chimpanzees. When they grow up, they are taken to the forest to live in a natural environments. Chimpanzee tracking safaris to Ngamba Chimpanzee sanctuary take place all year round.