Actually, Ugandans consider their country East African, not Central African.
(From anonymous user. I compromised with "east central" Africa. -- Nils 09:18, 13 Apr 2004 (EDT))
Is it really true that Swahili is useful in Uganda? Every guidebook says so, but several Ugandans denied it to me
- I have had the same experience. From what I could gather, using or not using Swahili is something of a political statement to some people. I never got around to digging any further, but I guess the most sensible thing would be not to try Swahili unless you actually hear someone use it.
 photo request!
Guys is there a way to cross Uganda from Sudan ? Yes after the peace agreement in sudan in year 2005 , u can cross by land from Sudan to Uganda
I think it would be easiest just to use these regions 
From what I gather  , Rwenzori Mountains National Park does not cover enough area to call it a region, and the political regions are just right in terms of number. ChubbyWimbus 21:39, 25 January 2010 (EST)
- Looks like a good scheme to me. AHeneen 01:34, 26 January 2010 (EST)
- Yes, and for once, a govt seems to have made life easy for us :). --Burmesedays 01:46, 26 January 2010 (EST)
- Map done as per this discussion and put new region scheme in place.--Burmesedays 01:17, 15 March 2010 (EDT)
There were way too many listed. I cut the list to 9 as per policy, and removed the following:
- Aswa-Lolim former Game Reserve Is in northern Uganda on the east bank of the Albert Nile. Today it is a series of huge ranches, but there is still considerable wildlife which is controlled by the Uganda Wildlife Authority.
- Lake Mburo National Park located in southern Uganda. Use Mihingo Lodge just outside the park and take horse-back safaris from here.
- Lake Bunyonyi is a charming lake dotted with little islands you could relax on. The area is considered to look a bit like Switzerland.
- Ngamba Island is small fascinating island of Lake Victoria where Ngamba Chimpanzee Sanctuary is located. The Sanctuary was established in the October 1998 as a project to take care of young orphaned Chimpanzees. When they grow up, they are taken to the forest to live in a natural environments. Chimpanzee tracking safaris to Ngamba Chimpanzee sanctuary take place all year round.