Talk:U.S. Highway 1
 vfd discussion
- Delete. Is a road really a destination? Doesn't seem famous enough to be an Itinerary. DanielC 08:07, 28 February 2006 (EST)
- Keep. I am thinking keep this for now. Not much there yet, but we do have Route 66. I agree this may not be exactly the same thing, but this could grow. Tom Holland (xltel) 08:35, 28 February 2006 (EST)
- Keep. This one is actually a good candidate for a Route-66-like "destination" that I could see as an eventual CotM. It would have to expand beyond just the Florida waypoints, but that can be done; don't confuse "what is" with "what could be." -- Bill-on-the-Hill 08:57, 28 February 2006 (EST)
- Keep. Seems like a possible itinerary. -- Colin 15:57, 14 March 2006 (EST)
- Keep. I like it for an article, but geez, Mile 0 is at Key West, so it's all backwards, right? OldPine 20:00, 15 July 2006 (EDT)
- Question on this: Does anyone know the last time this venerable route was driven end to end and by whom?
I vote keep...this was an important highway in its day and deserves recognition as a "destination" in and of itself.
- I agree, and the fact that some people would choose to driving a section of this road (such as my then-girlfriend and I did from New York to Providence in 1996) is a sufficient reason to keep it. However, the vfd discussion is 6 years old and was apparently resolved at that time in favor of keeping the article.