Traveling with pets
Archived from the Pub:
I like to travel with my dog (Šelma ), but there is almost no info on that topic.
I have some ideas:
- Pet restrictions in counries (guarantees, pet passports, vaccination)
- Pet restrictions/prices on trains, buses, ...
- Pet safety (potential diseases like rabies or canina distemper, approarch of locals, ...)
I have started to write something like that in Czech republic article. What do you think about it?Multimotyl 22:50, 17 December 2008 (EST)
- Not something I would personally find useful, but I think it's a good idea all the same. I think we should stick to basic info rather than try to get into to much detail about it. Your info on travelling by train with a pet in the Czech Republic is a good example of this. Maybe a subsection of "Cope" would be the relevant place for it, rather than having a wee bit about pets in "Get In", another in "Get Around" and another in "Stay Safe", which I can see might happen? Tarr3n 05:41, 18 December 2008 (EST)
- Seems like a great idea to me. - Alingelb 07:56, 18 December 2008 (EST)
- Great, hope someone writes something about UK. I feel confused about their policy even after consultation with my vet.
- I actually think it would be a great idea and it is often overlooked, but very important. Maybe not a large section, but some basic information so people know what do with their pets. It would be very very helpful. Also, adorable pup. edmontonenthusiast [ee] .T.A.L.K. 18:22, 23 December 2008 (EST).
- Add to Travel topics. Probably very important for those people who have a working animal because they are differently-abled, depend on the animal for their employment or are a sports person/animal team. -- Huttite 06:27, 13 January 2009 (EST)