See & Do
Transportation Museum is now officially closed. Any substitutes that can replace the listing in the article?
- Can anyone descibe more on the shops and things there?
Can anyone list a few hobby shops in the Buy section? Thanks in advance.
The picture is not from a manga and anime shop, but from a pachinko shop. I think it should be replaced.
- 2nd picture, you mean. Fair point, I've changed the caption until a better one comes along. Jpatokal 07:58, 18 June 2007 (EDT)
- If this is in regard to the picture of the Evangelion-themed pachinko parlor, I changed it. "Even pachinko parlors in Akihabara are anime-themed" suggests that an anime-themed pachinko parlor would be less common outside of Akihabara when they're really all over the place. I know of a handful just in the Susukino area of Sapporo and more in other areas of town.
Moved to Talk for time being
- Washington Hotel Akihabara, 1-8-3 Sakumacho, ☎ +81-3-3255-3311, . Standard-issue business hotel located right outside Akihabara station. There is a Web-based reservation system, but it expects a Japanese name, address, and phone number. The hotel will be closed for renovations starting March 31st, 2008 and will not reopen until 2010. Single/double from ¥7350/13650. edit
Street closure on sundays
it seems that chuo dori no longer closes on sundays ever since the knife attack (I'm here now and it didn't close, and that's what I read elsewhere). That should probably be removed. --Thenickdude 08:57, 27 June 2010 (EDT)
I was at Akihabara today (September 25th 2011) and the street was closed at 13:00. I too was confused if it was going to be closed at all since I went there before noon. Might be a good idea to add that it's closed at 13:00. rgds, anon. exchange student in japan
- Um, I don't know what was going on today exactly but that is totally non-typical of the area. texugo 11:56, 25 September 2011 (EDT)