I have spent a month in the Puntarenas area during the past year. Mostly surfing some excellent spots from Jaco to Puntarenas. The city of Puntarenas is an old run down port city. I wouldn't recogmend getting caught there after sundown. The rest of the coast is very freindly, inexpensive and easy to get around.
This Article should be merged with the South of Costa Rica article because most of this article is acutally in the Puntarenas province. Fabzgy 14:04, 24 July 2008 (EDT)
- I've merged in the other direction (per your suggestion here) because Puntarenas is a more common and precise (as well as non-directional and boring) name for the region. --Peter Talk 15:10, 22 March 2009 (EDT)
- Actually it s not as easy as I suggested. For Example Perez Zeledon is not part of the Puntarenas Province. I suggest to rename it as South of Costa Rica because the province of Puntarenas is missleading / incorrect. Fabzgy 10:50, 13 November 2009 (EST)
- Heh, yeah, we're having this discussion in too many places—I just brought this up here. I agree, lets move it back to South Costa Rica. --Peter Talk 12:21, 13 November 2009 (EST)
I moved some of the Playa Hermosa information around. There are 3 ( that I know of) Playa Hermosa's in this region alone. The existing article had some mentions of business that were in Hermosa de Jaco, but the article was about the one in osa. I created a new page for the osa information, moved what was placed wrong and created some initial info for the hermosa de jaco page.
--Surfinnhermosa 22:07, 26 October 2009 (EDT)
- What is this Playa Hermosa (Osa)? I've never heard of it, and can find no information on it. There is a Playa Hermosa just south of Dominical and another one in Guanacaste. Can you point to any resources indicating that there is one on the Osa Peninsula? --Peter Talk 23:20, 26 October 2009 (EDT)
This Article should be merged with the Puntarenas article because most of this article is acutally in the Puntarenas province. Fabzgy 14:04, 24 July 2008 (EDT)
- I've now merged it back to here. All discussion above this one is merged here from the original Puntarenas talk page. --Peter Talk 12:26, 13 November 2009 (EST)