I think this should be moved to Singles travel. Solo travel is most often used to describe simply traveling by oneself, often referring to backpacking. Singles travel exclusively means travel for the purpose of meeting other singles. --Peter Talk 22:30, 16 June 2011 (EDT)
- I agree.
- Certainly this is a valid travel topic, but it needs some careful handling. There is a slippery slope here leading to an article that is just touting.
- Another danger is that, since travelling to "meet other singles" is travelling to get laid a lot, this could end up violating our sex tourism policy. I don't think that is a big risk, and I'd say those policies are too restrictive anyway.
- What warnings does it need? Bring condoms and beware of women from low-income countries who pursue a man for the visa. What else? Pashley 23:13, 16 June 2011 (EDT)
- I am very dubious that it will develop into a proper travel topic. The page seems to have been set up to feed into another page which consists of a list of urls and has just been vfd'd. If it does remain though, I would agree that Singles travel is a more appropriate title. --Burmesedays 23:55, 16 June 2011 (EDT)
- Anyway, we already have Travelling alone, so anything on "solo travel" should go there.
- The question is whether "Singles travel" will be become a reasonable article. It clearly could, something along the lines of Travelling with children or Retiring abroad which cater to other fairly limited groups of travellers, However, that certainly does not mean it necessarily will. Pashley 03:22, 17 June 2011 (EDT)
I have moved it. Pashley 03:25, 17 June 2011 (EDT)
I made a start on turning it into what I think it ought to be, but it needs a lot more work, which I am not prepared to do. Pashley 02:00, 12 August 2011 (EDT)