The neutrality of this article should be disputed.
- We're not neutral, we're fair. Go on, I dare you to find one good thing to say about this shithole. Jpatokal 12:07, 2 September 2006 (EDT)
- Poipet sucks, yes. But the "go by plane" part is simply bad advice for anyone with a limited budget. There's plenty of money to save by going overland instead of flying, and you don't stay in Poipet for very long if you do go overland. Anyone who panics over a few minutes in Poipet should probably stay at home. I'll modify in a few days unless anyone objects (or I forget the whole thing) before that./Jake73
- Go ahead! Jpatokal 23:07, 2 November 2006 (EST)
Are we okay having a link to Tales of Asia in this article? It's such an indispensable resource for this particular trip, but it doesn't seem to fit under the external links policy. I won't be the one to delete it, but... Gorilla Jones 23:20, 7 June 2007 (EDT)
- I agree that Tales of Asia is an indispensible resource. I don't think that it should be removed. Parity 09:47, 1 July 2007 (EDT)
- I'm afraid that after 4 years of refining our Wikitravel:External links policy, you're going to have a hard time convincing the community to make an exception. But feel free to discuss the on the policy talk page. Maj 13:17, 3 July 2007 (EDT)
Gordon Sharpless says that...
Who, m ay I ask, is this character? His poetic talents have been underappreciated. Upamanyuwikitravel • ( Talk ) • ( Travel ) • 07:15, 19 September 2007 (EDT)
- See , which used to be awesome, but is pretty bad these days (getting kids and running a hotel will do that to you). Jpatokal 07:40, 19 September 2007 (EDT)
- Er, I'm not being able to access the link. 1 off-topic q to you if you don't mind, do you hate kids? :) Upamanyuwikitravel • ( Talk ) • ( Travel ) • 09:25, 19 September 2007 (EDT)
- Oops -- URLs work better with a .com at the end. And as WC Fields said, "I love children, if they are cooked properly." Jpatokal 10:11, 19 September 2007 (EDT)
- Hey, I'm kinda scared of cannibals, you know :) Upamanyuwikitravel • ( Talk ) • ( Travel ) • 07:47, 20 September 2007 (EDT)
- That would be the point, yes. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go sharpen my extensive knife collection... Jpatokal 08:21, 20 September 2007 (EDT)
- deindenting. I'm really really scared. Upamanyuwikitravel • ( Talk ) • ( Travel ) •
And if this place is really that bad, do we need to have an article at all? Upamanyuwikitravel • ( Talk ) • ( Travel ) • 07:24, 19 September 2007 (EDT)
- It's the main border crossing between Thailand and Cambodia, so yes, we do. Jpatokal 07:40, 19 September 2007 (EDT)
- I see. Upamanyuwikitravel • ( Talk ) • ( Travel ) • 09:16, 19 September 2007 (EDT)
Customs scam (thai side)
I was doing a visa run 2012, and when coming back from Cambodia I got stopped and searched by the "Thai customs" only they didn't seem official, and most likely they were impersonating the real customs.
They later asked me for a bribe when they found some weed I had on me and when I politely refused to pay them off they called the Tourist police on me. Which were quite cordial and actually gave me a ride to the bus station.
If I would have had more weed on my person I could've been screwed by this scam so caution is adviced.
They were about a 2 minute walk away after leaving the Thai visa building.
I'm not sure if they were real customs officers or not so I'm looking to confirm this as a scam so if it is the case we can warn others. —The preceding comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)