Shouldn't be merged
I don't really think it should be merged, because:
-Nyírtass is a separate entity from Nyíregyháza. It's not a district, exclave, or administrational territory of Nyíregyháza city proper
-Nyírtass, despite being small, is not an ordinary village. As you can see in it's article, which has been expanded a few times, it has many interesting historical attarctions, sights and activities of it's own.
-You have a place to sleep in Nyírtass, because you can rent out rooms in people's homes.
I don't really want to make the decision instead of you, but I advise you to read the article about Nyírtass again and make a new decision based on that, whether it should be merged or not.
-- Gineer 16:55, 18 March 2011 (EDT) (talk)
- In general, if there is enough content to justify an article and if this town/village is truly a separate entity from the merge target then there wouldn't be a need to merge. It looks like the merge tag was added by
User:Inas User:Globe-trotter, so provided Inas Globe-trotter is OK with letting this stand alone then the merge tag can be removed. -- Ryan • (talk) • 14:54, 18 March 2011 (EDT)
- Thanks for the advice! I wrote to Inas about it.
- -- Gineer 16:30, 18 March 2011 (EDT) talk)
- I misread the article history, it was actually Globe-trotter who added the merge tag. I've left a talk page note asking for comment. One additional comment, when requesting feedback from another user it would be best to make any relevant arguments on the talk page for the article in question, rather than on the user's talk page. The rationale is that people who are interested in Nyírtass will read this talk page, but not User talk:Inas, so it is best to keep information in one place. Ideally the comments that are currently on User talk:Inas should be moved here, and the user talk page message would thus just need to be a request to comment here. -- Ryan • (talk) • 16:45, 18 March 2011 (EDT)
- Ok, I'll move the arguments here then. Gineer 16:53, 18 March 2011 (EDT) talk)
- I'm fine with keeping as-is. The reason I added the merge tag is because it has only 2,000 inhabitants, usually way too small to keep as a separate article. Usually these small villages are visited using the larger city as a base. --globe-trotter 23:43, 20 March 2011 (EDT)