rename this article?
May I suggest to rename this article? "Ostbahnhof" is not a district of Munich, it is just the east railway station. The district is called "Haidhausen". So the correct name should be "Munich/Haidhausen". --Flip666 08:15, 7 April 2006 (EDT)
- I asked what the others thought about this. The reason I named it Ostbahnhof & Kultfabrik is because I suspected it would be easier for non-locals to find the district area if it were called Ostbahnhof instead of Haidhausen. Sapphire 08:34, 7 April 2006 (EDT)
- Maybe we could name the link in the "Disco" section Ostbahnhof/Kultfabrik, but link it to Haidhausen. But there are lots of bars and restaurants in the Haidhausen area that are not really near Ostbahnhof. Maybe I'll just start an article Munich/Haidhausen for these and we'll hear some other opinions weather there should be a separate "Ostbahnhof" article or not. --Flip666 09:45, 7 April 2006 (EDT)
- Actually, lets make the Munich/Haidhausen. We'll incorporate the info from Munich/Ostbahnhof, but make sure to explain that Ostbahnhof & Kultfabrik nieghborhoods are in the Haidhausen district that way foreign travellers will know, which district they want to go to if they wish to clubs or something else. Sapphire 09:50, 7 April 2006 (EDT)
- Per the naming conventions, we use the most common English name for a place, and failing that the most common name in the local language. I really think "Haidhausen" is the most common name for this district in either language. I haven't found a reference that uses "Ostbahnhof". I understand the impulse to associate the area with the trainstop, but I think there might be better ways to do that. --Evan 11:00, 7 April 2006 (EDT)
- Right, changed the article name already. The reason it had fallen under that title earlier was from my stint in Munich for five months. I became the resident tour guide for a hostel there and the receptionists would often send the hostel's guests to me to give them advice on what to do or what to see. I personalized everyone's experience to include what they wanted to experience. One problem that I always had was people would ask me where the clubs were. I couldn't say Haidhausen, because no one could figure out where that was on their maps (or maybe they couldn't read a map) so I would have to explain to them that they needed to go to Ostbahnhof, which was far more helpful to them at that time. Sapphire 11:07, 7 April 2006 (EDT)