- Delete. Good content, but I am not convinced that we should have an article on just one street. Should move the content into Minneapolis/Downtown, perhaps creating an infobox or special sub-section within "Eat". -- DanielC 08:10, 29 August 2006 (EDT)
- I think it would be better to discuss this at Talk:Minneapolis/Eat Street so that those who know Minneapolis can contribute to the discussion. I agree that this probably isn't a good district, but if we decide to move the content this article should become a redirect, not be deleted. -- Ryan 13:50, 29 August 2006 (EDT)
- Agree with Ryan. If this is a commonly used name for the district, it should at least be serviced via a redirect rather than simply having the page deleted. -- Bill-on-the-Hill 15:40, 29 August 2006 (EDT)
- Other articles do exist on single streets:
- Toronto/Yonge Street - most of it would perhaps fit in an article on Downtown Toronto as a whole?
- Sydney/Castlereagh Street
- London/Bond Street - almost no content
- London/Regent Street - almost no content
- London/Oxford Street - a little content; I suppose Oxford St is noteworthy enough to warrant it's own article. That, and I can't think of what district article it would fit into.
- San Francisco/Castro Street - also noteworthy enough, but perhaps the article should be moved to "Castro District" or "The Castro"?
- I would argue that the Eat Street article should stay. If not, I would maybe suggest an an article covering Uptown and the areas around it (e.g. Uptown proper, Lyn-lake, Eat Street, etc). There is an article on South Minneapolis, but I feel that South Minneapolis is too vast to be considered a district; the land area of "South Minneapolis" takes up over half of the city as a whole! Certain areas on the south side may warrant seperate articles. -- Eco84
Alright, this article will now redirect to Minneapolis/Southwest, where the majority of the information was moved to. The small number of establishments listed here that were located north of Interstate 94 have beem moved to Minneapolis/Downtown. Eco84 02:26, 21 September 2009 (EDT)