We are trying to update the Lorain County page with current listings of lodging, dinning, wining, and other activities for travelers visiting the area. We are not trying to overwhelm them with information. We would like to have all the contact information of our area locations in a clear listing. If we need to add more detail to our lodging and dinning information then we will try to update it correctly, however removing the information completely neither helps us or the users. We are looking to give Lorain County travelers lodging locations that are in Lorain County, we do not want them to have to search each city individually to find a listing of all the local hotels. Thank you for your earlier response, hopefully we can come to an understanding for posted information.
Lorain County Visitors
- Hi. (Do you have a name, so we know what to call you?) We're glad you're here, and pleased you're trying to help us build a great set of travel guides. However, because we do cover the whole world, we try to keep things consistent among all of our guides. Sites like us always end up having to make decisions as to how to organize our content for the convenience of both our editors and our readers. Because of that, we maintain a fairly strict geographic hierarchy, where any individual restaurant, hotel, or attraction is listed once and only once, preferably in an article for the city in which it is located.
- Region articles, like this one, are intended to provide an overview of the attractions and amenities available within the region, leaving specific details for city and village guides. That way, we don't have the same information duplicated in multiple articles, and readers can drill down to a small geographic area instead of having to wade through listings for places miles away from where they'll be.
- I hope we can find a way to add your valuable information to our guides!
- -- LtPowers 16:37, 14 July 2011 (EDT)
- To add to what LtPowers has said, please list individual businesses (restaurants, hotels, etc) in the appropriate city articles such as North Ridgeville or Avon Lake. The county article can then provide a high level overview (example for the "Sleep" section: "while the cities of X, Y, Z offer chain motels in abundance, A, B, C are know for their rustic lodging options and smaller family-owned B&Bs"). In addition, see this guideline for some advice on writing descriptions - for example, make sure to not write descriptions that sound like marketing language as readers are unlikely to trust anything too flowery or promotional. And please use this talk page for any additional questions - you've added some good stuff, it's just a matter of making sure it's going in the right places. -- Ryan • (talk) • 17:03, 14 July 2011 (EDT)