I'm sorry I created a Bankside article without checking the contents of this one as there is duplication. They are seen to be separate areas but maybe not for a tourist.Caroline 20:30, 19 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- No problem, just add it to Wikitravel:Votes for deletion... thanks! Majnoona 21:55, 19 Jul 2004 (EDT)
Drink- The George in Borough - will get the details. Caroline 06:19, 22 Jul 2004 (EDT)
From Talk:LOndon/Bankside: So.. what to add:
- Borough market (fri and sat for retail)
- Vinopolis? But is is pricey...
- The Golden Hinde? - but it's just a replica sitting on the river
- The Jerwood Space is another industrial conversion into an art gallery. However the cafe is nice.
- Fish! is on the tourist trail - but I imagine it is pricey. I've certainly never been in there.
- The Millenium Bridge? Its just a modern footbridge, and it doesn't even wobble anymore. However it is a connection between Tate Modern and St Pauls.
Caroline 06:51, 22 Jul 2004 (EDT)
lol I can't believe someone suggested Pizza Express as the only restaurant on the South Bank.
I've expanded the South Bank Center section, but I think it needs splitting up. The NFT (now BFI Southbank) and the NT are worthy of their own sections. EAi 09:37, 20 February 2008 (EST)
 Pubs and Restaurants
The bland lists below were taken from London/Southwark-Lewisham. Most are in Shad Thames which is covered by this article. If anyone fancies the job of turning some of these into useful listings with contact details and a description, please go ahead and insert into this article. --Burmesedays 22:45, 17 December 2009 (EST)
There are numerous quality restaurants in the Shad Thames area, which is on the river Thames next to Tower Bridge. A few places are listed, as being worth a visit. The area is dominated by Conran restaurants which are normally good quality but some people might feel they are overpriced.
- Brown's Restaurant. American. edit
- Blue Print, (Shad Thames). British. edit
- Chop House, (Shad Thames). British. edit
- La Pont de la Tour, (Shad Thames). French. edit
- Bengal Clipper, (Shad Thames). Indian. edit
- Hara, (Shad Thames). Indian. edit
- La Cantina, (Shad Thames). Italian. edit
- Pizza Express, (Shad Thames). Italian. edit
- ASK pizza, (Shad Thames). Italian. edit
- Bermonsey Kitchen, Bermondsey Street. British. edit
- The Garison, Bermondsey Street. French. edit
- Delfina, Bermondsey Street. Italian. edit
- All Bar One, (Shad Thames). edit
- Dean Swift, (Shad Thames). edit
- The Anchor Tap, (Shad Thames). edit
- Bridge House, (Shad Thames). edit
- River Bar., (Shad Thames). edit
- The Garrison, Bermondsey Street. edit
- The Woolsack, Bermondsey Street. edit
- Thai Pub, Crucifix Lane. edit
 Sleep Budget
Hello there, I've added three hostel properties in the South Bank area in the sleep section which is currently empty. Travelempire 09:43, 4 October 2012 (EDT)