Sorry. Didn't mean to over write Jpatokal's edits. We were editing stuff at the same time. --David Straub 02:27, 7 July 2006 (EDT)
 Major overhaul
I have edited a bunch of stuff. And while I was reluctant to make too many changes to a text I did not father, I did it anyway, thinking if what I am doing is so bad, it can always be reverted.
My reasons for so shamelessly doing so are many:
- Accuracy: How old is this information? Some of it, I know is outdated, and the rest might soon be. Information on flights can be better obtained on their respective websites, so links are better than ephemeral timetables.
- Importance: What value is added to the article by noting that flights to Denpasar leave between 11 a.m and 3 p.m? And that ATMs dispense 50,000 Rp notes? Doesn't it just make the article more bloated?
- Style: I'm not saying that I'm a prosaic genius, but any article benefits from having only one author/editor to give it the same style.
- Bashing: Nobody benefits from negative (and I assume false) comments about boats sinking or airport staff overcharging. So, I removed all negative comments.
- Touting: I find it amazing that the phrase "the best place to stay, if there is a vacancy, is at the hillside resort of..." has managed to survive. Not only is it the worst form of touting, it is just plain wrong. I have listed the places I found to be worth a look, and listed some more to give a sense of how much and how different the accommodation is.
- The perama tour is a well discussed one, and have been considered touting. I disagree. It has been around for so long that it is an establishment in Komodo.
If you disagree with any of my changes, please contact me, and let's collaborate on the article.
- Nikolaj Lundsgaard. Nikolaj 10:06, 20 June 2011 (EDT)
- Good work and thank you. Please keep it up! The Get out section needs some work as WT guidelines are for all transport information (to and from a destination) to be given the in Get in section. Get out is for a short list of ideas of where to go next. --Burmesedays 22:01, 20 June 2011 (EDT)