This page is for discussing the corresponding article or guide. For questions, comments, or personal stories about this destination or topic, visit. For more about using talk pages check out Wikitravel:Using talk pages.
Doesn't Make Sense
"Ko Yao Yai is significantly larger than Ko Yao Noi due to a lack of (basic) infrastructure in some areas of the island."
The island is larger because it has less infrastructure?188.8.131.52 22:38, 3 December 2009 (EST)
I am georges cortez. The text about koyao noi was indeed copied from koyaobay website. I am the owner of this small resort. I think there should be no reason to take it out as it gathers the most effective information about the island. Apart of small business activities I am a gratuate social anthropologist and I worked many years about south thailand linguistic, ethnic history plus plus many other researches... Please let me know why you have deleted this info, it can be used as I am the original writer of it. A previous version posted in 2001 on Koyao Island Resort website ave been used and rewritten on many commercial websites since then.
Keep me posted
- Great! That's what I wanted to hear. I've restored your text, please do feel free to fill in information on your resorts, any interesting restaurants or attractions, details of getting there and away, etc. Jpatokal 02:32, 4 February 2008 (EST)
Excellent, Jpatokal, and thank you. I will contribute further (when I have time!) as I live on the island and can provide many more info about flora, fauna, culture, tourism of course, etc....
Hi there... I am Georges again (using GM login name KoyaoBP)... what's going wrong on this wikitravel page ? Koyao Bay Pavilions was withdrawn from the Sleep list by IBcash... any explanation to such a not appropriate action ? By the way, I put it back... see what is going to happen next...
- Hi Georges, I reverted the change before because it didn't conform to wikitravel guidelines. You can see the discussion I had with one of the managers of your hotel on my talk page. The one that is currently on there is fine though. Thank you for changing it. IBcash 16:48, 14 September 2012 (EDT)
- Hi IBcash... alright then. Thanks.
Another topic of discussion about koh yao noi would be that there is no trash disposal on the island, despite money spent, experts visiting the local authorities... some people still trash garbage in the mangrove swamp. The island is pretending to be eco-something...weird, don't you think so ?
Hi there, this is Koyao Bay.
When I go to buy bread at the bakery, I line up in the queue. That's why I thought it was appropriate to put new comer Villaguna at the end of the list of hotels... ;-)
- 1) Please sign your posts!
- 2) I understand you are very polite and considerate, Georges, and I sympathise with your logic, but our current policy is that we prefer alphabet order. (There may be a case for changing that policy, since the "add listing" button does add a listing to the end automatically I believe...) --singaporeAlice 15:54, 24 November 2012 (EST)
TAT Listings clutter
I moved some TAT listings here that cluttered the page:
Koh Yao Noi - 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Day 1 - Leave for Koh Yao Noi Island by ferry from either Phukets Bang Rung Pier approx. 50 minutes or Talen Pier in Krabi province. On arrival take a Tuk-tuk taxi to the chosen overnight location. Enjoy the afternoon sunbathing and swimming. In the evening, enjoy a seafood dinner.
- Day 2 - Hire a long-tail boat and bring a picnic lunch for a full day snorkelling and sightseeing tour. Visit Koh Hong and other nearby islands in the Tarnboke Koranee Marine National Park. If you are in to rock climbing it's possible to try it out or enjoy the thrill to watch. Visit the Swallow Cave and swim among Sergeant Fish. Everywhere you will be surrounded vertically limestone formations rising from the seabed.
- Day 3 - Get up early and enjoy the sun rise behind the islands to the east. Rent a bike, motorbike or Tuk-tuk taxi and go sightseeing around the island. Find some nice beaches and relax. There are several home stays around the island, if you want to meet the locals. Koh Yao Noi has an considerable Cashew Nut production. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere.
- Day 4 - Continue to either the bigger and less populate Koh Yao Yai Island, the mainland or Phuket Island.
--globe-trotter 22:25, 15 February 2010 (EST)