Tourism Thailand
There was an extlink in this article to www.tourismthailand.org which does appear to be Official. But it's official for all of Thailand, and I don't think it makes sense to copy it into each article individually. -- Colin 01:21, 18 Jun 2005 (EDT)
Definitely not worth staying in Chaweng unless you want party central with taxi horns at every moment and "hey you want girl?" shouts from every corner. Very disappointing and NOT a relaxing place. I recommend Lamai.
" for Kosher food there is a daily restaurant at 39/8 Moo 3, Chaweng Beach, Bophut, Koh-Samui ((661) 824 0588 ". Do you know the name of the restaurant? Thai addresses are near-useless for finding anything. Jpatokal 07:47, 18 October 2006 (EDT)
 Messy article
I tried to start the janitorial work for the main article today but it will take some time. Please shift the content in the district articles. Thanks, mates jan 04:51, 6 January 2009 (EST)
- The Sleep section is still the major messy part. I don't want to transfer the parts in the districts because that's just shifting the problem. Any suggestions? jan 15:36, 27 January 2009 (EST)
- No, shifting the sleep listings into the districts is the right thing to do. Jpatokal 22:44, 27 January 2009 (EST)
- Non of the listings are generated by recommendations from users. The list is more or less "dumped" in from AoT and that is not what we are looking for, or? I will only shift in areas were are no listings. E.g. in Chaweng are listed a lot of places by recommendation jan 03:29, 28 January 2009 (EST)
- Sure, "real" data is between than AoT's dumps — but it's often possible to integrate the two, since AoT includes telephone numbers etc often missing from user-added listings. Jpatokal 03:43, 28 January 2009 (EST)
- If the list is already long and complete i will delete the AoT dump. Otherwise the data will be completed but in doubt i favour the user recommendation. ok?jan 03:53, 28 January 2009 (EST)
 Guide status?
I think the main samui article is now cleaned and it just came to me mind that it even might have guide status. Any objections? jan 06:58, 30 January 2009 (EST)
- Looks good to me — thanks again for your work cleaning it up! Jpatokal 11:11, 30 January 2009 (EST)
- It's a great article, but the main obstacle left before bumping it up to guide status is the status of the beach articles. Each should be at least usable, and 5 of them are still outlines. It shouldn't be too hard to get them all up to usable status though, if you're looking for a project! Also, with the beach articles, it should be fine to combine the individual "see" and "do" sections into singular "See & do" sections. --Peter Talk 18:34, 3 February 2009 (EST)
- Peter, the touristic epicenters Chaweng & Lamai were graded by you as usable. Beside Bophut and Bang Rak/Big Buddha Beach all other places are rare visited. I will have a look on those and try to improve them but the rest is up to locals and long-term backpacker because few people stay. I'm in March again in Samui and when i scooter around let's see if i pass through... jan 10:31, 5 February 2009 (EST)