Aqaba is not linked to sinai, but to eilat which is linked to sinai
I just drew a map of Jordan, but no regions have been decided yet, and I haven't been there, so I just guessed.... if anyone is familiar with the country, please comment about this division, and if you think certain provinces should be moved to different regions, regions renamed, etc. Here's what I'm thinking:
- Northern Jordan
- Eastern Jordan
- Central Jordan
- Southern Jordan
- Looks good, but I'd include Amman in the north , as most people will visit it with that area. Now it's a bit of a lone star in the eastern desert region.
- I also think we could come up with some better names for the areas.
- Northern Jordan -> Not sure what to call this, I guess Northern Jordan is fine. Maybe "Amman and Jerash"
- Eastern Jordan -> Eastern Desert (as long as Amman is excluded)
- Central Jordan -> King's Highway
- Southern Jordan -> Southern Desert
- --globe-trotter 10:16, 11 January 2010 (EST)
- I like the new names, although I am ambivalent about the two options for Northern Jordan, and the division looks sensible from my relatively ignorant perspective. This also looks like it may never need further subdivision, which is always ideal for a country this small. --Peter Talk 22:39, 12 January 2010 (EST)
- Moving Amman to the north looks right to me also. Othwerwise, this seems very good indeed. I think it should be taken live and the regionalisation done.--Burmesedays 21:05, 20 January 2010 (EST)
- Oh, it seems like the SVG file is missing! --globe-trotter 14:47, 21 January 2010 (EST)
 Moving Jordan to Jordan (country)
Just to inform that Jordan will be transferred to Jordan (country) to avoid confusion because there's also a city named Jordan in the Philippines. - SnappyHip 11:48, 14 February 2010 (GST)
 Get in copyvio?
Someone twice deleted the get in section today stating "Copyright issue with the visa information" , but it isn't clear where this info is believed to be copied from. A Google search turns up numerous sites with the same text, but the ones I looked at had all copied the information FROM Wikitravel. If this really is a copyvio, please indicate where it was copied from and it will be quickly rewritten or removed. -- Ryan • (talk) • 13:35, 6 May 2012 (EDT)
Data is copied from projectvisa.com. See archive.org if you want history.