Moved from Wikitravel:votes for deletion by Evan
- Hostels. Doesn't fit Wikitravel:What is an article. Or is a new category of exception needed for this topic? -- Colin 01:05, 7 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- Keep. I think we could make a good article out of this, perhaps by merging info about different hostel networks (compare Hospitality exchange, Discount airlines in Europe). I believe it's a reasonable travel topic. --Evan 01:49, 8 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- I'm fine with keeping this and it would make a good travel topic. It has no content right now (unless someone volunteers) so we can just keep it as a placeholder. -- Colin 02:17, 8 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- Keep it, but keep an eye on how it developes... or, maybe I'll hush up and go work on it ;-). Majnoona 12:31, 8 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- Has to be rewritten as it was seemingly copied from Wikipedia. Should make good travel topic - Keep. -- Nils 08:05, 16 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- Since it looks like we have rough consensus to keep this article, I left it. --Evan 11:59, 6 Aug 2004 (EDT)
Forgive me for dumping a bunch of links here.
-- DavidCary 00:26, 23 Aug 2004 (EDT)
Single-country Hostelling: [if these links are easy to find from the above links, please delete]
If we're going to talk about hostels, should we also mention
bed-and-breakfast inns ?
- No, b-and-bs are just a form of lodging. Hostels are more noticibly different. -- Colin 23:20, 28 Aug 2004 (EDT)
03 Feb 2012 update
This is a very valid travel topic as hostelling s far more than just a type of accommodation, it's a culture to those who are involved in it.
I have updated this article, but it's far from complete. Perhaps I'll return to it....partly depends on feedback here
The STAYwise component definitely does not belong in here. It is not part of the topic but a Trade Association for providers of products for students and the young (I believe)>I hesitate to delete it as it might be valid elsewhere...but does WikiTravel accept such obvious self-promos from the business side??
Nomadicman 10:06, 3 February 2012 (EST)Nomadicman. Paul Trundley