I plan to go to Harbin from Malaysia in December 2006 for one week. How to do? Need more details, flight, best time visit, accomodation, food and weather etc
How do I go about adding maps and pictures to this page?
- Pictures — Wikitravel:How to add a picture
- Maps — Wikitravel:How to draw a map
- Jpatokal 23:33, 31 May 2007 (EDT)
Thanks! I'll be putting some maps up this weekend when I get some time. I plan on adding a section on Harbin's russian buildings and more on the local cuisine. Any other suggestions of how to make this a better page?
- The content is great, but the formatting could use a little fine tuning. The easiest way to standardize everything is to use the listing templates below:
* <do name="Harbin Summer Music Festival" alt="哈尔滨之夏音乐节" address="" phone="" email="" fax="" hours="" price="" url="http://www.harbinsummermusicconcert.cn/">Held every two years in July(Next will be in 2008), this festival is organized by the city and brings in famous Chinese bands for free concerts held in the city square. In 2006 for the "year of Russia" there were various Russian groups in attendance and a concert that featured over 1,000 pianists playing at once.</do>
- Note that you can put the Chinese script into the "alt" tag. Jpatokal 21:10, 4 June 2007 (EDT)
Thanks Jpatokal, I will use the formatting from now on, when I first started editing the page I didn't know about it, so I will go back eventually and make the changes. Thanks for the heads up on the "alt" tag Venture160
- No worries, the formatting tages are a new feature and not documented or used as much as they should be. Jpatokal 02:16, 5 June 2007 (EDT)
 Harbin Hot Springs
There's also a well-known Harbin Hot Springs in Middletown, California. I'm not sure if this needs a disambig, but I know people might go looking for "Harbin" and end up here. Maybe an editor of this article can think of what do do about this.--justfred 12:21, 25 October 2006 (EDT)
I think it would be more unfortunate if somebody went looking for the Chinese city and ended up on the California hot springs page. Maybe the editor of the hot springs page can add a disambig to that page.--matt 11:50, 31 January 2013 (CST)
No one is going to confuse the Chinese Harbin with the Californian Harbin. That's just another American hijack attempt.