Hybrid McLeod Ganj / Dharamashala
What would people think of making these two into one article. It's kind of awkward having them as two, most of the transport info should be on the Dharamashala page, the sleep, eat, do, see, stuff should be on the McLeod Ganj page. The Dharamashala page even defines McLeod Ganj as part of Dharamashala. I know they are a 10 minute bus ride apart, but is that enough to justify giving them separate pages? Any responses?
- I think the only way the could be one page is if one is where you stay to see the other... or if one is really just a district of the other... but if they're 10 minutes apart doesnt that require some info on how to get from one to the other? sorry if this isnt helping, I'm going to look more closely... Majnoona 14:55, 26 March 2006 (EST)
- Ok. now that I've looked I think you're right-- there's no reason Dhramashala should only be Lower Dharamashala (I havent benn there, but I'm thinking it does quite need to be a Huge city with districts like Mexico City, etc...). Can you combine the info and then we'll make this a redirect to Dharamashala? Majnoona 14:58, 26 March 2006 (EST)
 Article name
Uh, I'm not happy with this article name -- AFAIK, it should just be Dharamsala -- maybe with a redirect from McLeod Ganj. We have no precident for an article "Placename-slash-wellknown subplacename". I'd argue against it for a couple of reasons:
- The slash in names is reserved for sub pages, specifically Districts in Huge cities.
- Even if it weren't for the above, It looks messy
- It doesn't help users, the search engine will get them here if they look for McLeod Ganj and the redirect will get them here if they look for it directly.
Anyone have any reason why this should stay here? Majnoona 20:25, 31 March 2006 (EST)
- I also wanted to say "sorry" if my agreement to "merging" the two articles implied that the article should move to a hybrid name as well -- I don't think I was clear that the content should merge, but stay under Dharamsala. My bad!Majnoona 20:28, 31 March 2006 (EST)
 vfd discussion
- Moved article to Dharamsala in response to Maj's comments: "I also wanted to say "sorry" if my agreement to "merging" the two articles implied that the article should move to a hybrid name as well -- I don't think I was clear that the content should merge, but stay under Dharamsala. My bad!" Majnoona 20:28, 31 March 2006 (EST) - WindHorse 1 April 06