Shouldn't this be Copenhagen/Christiania? Jpatokal 08:03, 13 January 2009 (EST)
Push for guide status
Per the Copenhagen starnom, it appears that we aren't sure what we need to do to get this article to guide status. I'd suggest a) a well developed understand section (this is a destination that deserves a good bit of context, I think), b) contact section (anywhere to check your email), and c) a see section. If absolutely necessary, the see section could be done away with and merged into a "See and Do" section. But perhaps listing a few of the more noteworth murals might be a good use of that section, a la Washington,_D.C./Adams_Morgan#Murals.
Other than those suggestions, I suppose the test of guide status for this article would be depth, i.e., having a comprehensive recommendation of listings, but I can't really comment on that for lack of knowledge. --Peter Talk 14:12, 2 December 2009 (EST)
- What's really killing me is the see section, everything else is workable. But as for B) to the best of my knowledge there is nowhere to check your mail, or even a public telephone anywhere on Christiania. --Stefan (sertmann) talk 14:24, 2 December 2009 (EST)
- If there is nothing to see and/or no contact facilities I think this should be mentioned as information useful to a traveller. Could save the hassle of looking for something that isn't there. Peter (Southwood) Talk 13:59, 3 December 2009 (EST)
- I'll plug the artwork again—there are a lot of really interesting murals and sculptures throughout the town, many of which are likely on permanent public display. Marianne Rydvald seems to be the most famous muralist (and The Wishing Tree her most famous mural in Christiania).
- I'm not finding enough information in English (and I most certainly can't read Danish!), but I doubt the topic is too obscure to be covered somewhere. Perhaps there is some book on this topic available at a Copenhagen library? Or you could call up a local museum office, or even send an email to Ms Rydvald , and let her know you are trying to create a nice, free little travel guide to Christiania's public art? --Peter Talk 15:03, 3 December 2009 (EST)
For what it is, this article is looking like guide-quality to me—should we change the status & get on with the Copenhagen star nomination? --Peter Talk 12:18, 9 December 2009 (EST)
- Yeah, I think so, I have a couple of things I need to check next time I'm in the area, but it's only 3 listings, which aren't that important. As it might show, I have a some reverence to the place, so I'm probably a bit too afraid of making mistakes :)
- As for the artwork, it's a good idea (though 'The Wishing Tree' is in storage at the moment), I do plan on questioning a local next time I'm around. - --Stefan (sertmann) talk 13:20, 9 December 2009 (EST)