Push for star
 Theater listing
Should possibly be moved in from Lakeview:
- About Face Theater. edit
 Star nomination
Might be best to table the O'Hare nomination until those concerns are addressed - so here's another to chew on, as Chicago can't let Charlotte have sole Uptown supremacy. We've got Charlie Chaplin, Al Capone, Hillary Clinton and The Clash in there, which covers rather a lot of ground. Let me know what you think. Gorilla Jones 13:44, 1 December 2007 (EST)
- Hey, back off Windy City, Uptown belongs to Charlotte, no one else! (LOL, just kidding) I love this article. It's very well written and very thorough, it makes a great read even if you're not traveling to Chicago. I absolutely cracked up when I read this line:
- With some effort, you can mentally reverse the decayed grandeur and imagine the station as it was in 1923, when it replaced an inferior structure built by some dink named Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Man, I was howling when I read that. Now I did notice a couple of very minor issues...
- In the intro there's a minor grammar error: "Years of cheap living created a diverse community that's still resident there today".
- There was no hours for the Vinh Phat BBQ, Gigio's, or the Grace African Restaurant.
- The Dong Thanh, Thai Pastry and Spacca Napoli weren't listed on the map.
- Other than that, it looks perfect. SUPPORT. PerryPlanet 18:43, 1 December 2007 (EST)
- Thanks. Grace African Restaurant is quoting our review on their website - that's awesome. I called around to add the missing hours. I don't see the grammar error - 'resident' can be used as an adjective as well, if that's what you're referring to. I'll trust Peter to cram the missing listings into the map. Gorilla Jones 19:21, 1 December 2007 (EST)
- Support. This is one of my favorite articles now on WT—nice work Marc. I'll be sure to get Spacca Napoli on that map (not sure how missed that), but Dong Thanh and Thai Pastry are both located within the buy listing, Tai Nam Market Center. This is already indicated in the "directions" tags in the listings, but perhaps there is a way to make this more clear? --Peter Talk 11:17, 2 December 2007 (EST)
- Nah, don't worry about it. I think if I had actually bothered to read the listing, it would have been clear to me. :P PerryPlanet 12:58, 2 December 2007 (EST)
Final call on this one... Gorilla Jones 17:49, 14 December 2007 (EST)
 Closed listings
Closed recently. Gorilla Jones 22:29, 25 February 2010 (EST)
- Star Gaze, 5419 N Clark St (22 Clark bus), ☎ +1 773 561-7363, . Tu-F 6PM-2AM, Sa 5PM-3AM, Su 11:30AM-2AM, M closed. Glittery lesbian & gay dance club. Fridays are salsa, Saturdays are old school hip hop, and Sundays are given for the Chicago Bears to inspire karaoke of triumph or misery. edit
- Hip Fit, 1513 W Foster Ave (22 Clark bus), ☎ +1 773 878-4447, . Tu-F 11AM-7PM, Sa 11AM-6PM, Su 12-4PM. Denim boutique with retro and contemporary, standard and designer jeans, and an emphasis on "no attitude shopping." Plenty of accessories, too. edit
Not positive if this is closed, but the website's disconnected, no one picks up the phone, and it was shut the last time I went by. Gorilla Jones 19:50, 12 September 2010 (EDT)
- Grace African Restaurant, 4409 N Broadway St (Wilson Red Line), ☎ +1 773 271-6000, . M-Sa 12:30PM-midnight, Su 12-10PM. The menu isn't long, but this friendly, authentic Ghanaian restaurant has a great atmosphere and the best decor in the area. $8-$10. edit
- Sabai-dee, 5359 N Broadway St (Berwyn Red Line), ☎ +1 773 506-0880. 10AM-8PM. About three blocks north of Argyle, Sabai-dee is Chicago's one and only Laotian restaurant. There are a few Chinese and Vietnamese stand-bys to fill out the menu, but it's the Lao sausage and curry that make this place special. $5-8. edit
Not a closing but a name change: Cafe Too is now known as Inspiration Kitchens. Just noting this here for future map updates. Eco84 00:35, 18 April 2012 (EDT)
Closed over a year ago. Eco84 15:30, 18 April 2012 (EDT)
- Pasticceria Natalina, 5406 N Clark St (22 Clark bus), ☎ +1 773 989-0662. Tu-F 7AM-6PM, Sa-Su 8AM-5PM. Sicilian bakery with a devoted following. The prices are steep ($3 for a cannoli), but people leave satisfied. edit
Closed. The space is currently occupied by a place called Acre. Eco84 15:49, 18 April 2012 (EDT)