Beautiful banners are coming to every article and you can help!
Check out our guidelines and learn how to create your own!

Talk:Bulb Region

From Wikitravel
Jump to: navigation, search

I think it is quite strange to call this region "Bulb region", because this region has is it's own official Dutch name, "Bollenstreek", which shouldn't be "translated". There's only one city in The Netherlands that has its own English name and that is "The Hague". Are we going to translate streetnames as well? Are there Wikitravel-rules about this? --Whatsinaname 20:28, 26 August 2011 (EDT)

It's just a translation. Wikitravel-rule is that the most common English name is used. It's a bit hard to qualify what "the most commonly used" English name is, but I think Bulb Region is fine. In the Wikipedia article Bollenstreek and Bulb Region are used interchangeably. They have the same meaning. --globe-trotter 08:02, 27 August 2011 (EDT)



Destination Docents

In other languages