So, this is another problematic page, in that it doesn't fit into our Wikitravel:geographical hierarchy, nor jibe with Wikitravel:What is an article?. I think each of these beaches should be its own page, or be included with the nearby village. --Evan 16:46, 29 Feb 2004 (EST)
- Move them into the Goa article? I really don't think we need a dozen 2-liner beach articles. Really. -- Nils 10:42, 22 May 2004 (EDT)
- Well, I think there's probably more than 2 lines to add for each article. --Evan 12:41, 22 May 2004 (EDT)
- Indeed! having an overview of beaches in goa is a good idea for practical reasons, goa is small enough to allow one to move around in little time (compared to rest of India), and goan beaches can be as different as day and night. Izwalito 14 Jan 2005
This article should be split up, and without loud objections I'll do it later when I'm in the mood for some mind-numbing administrative tedium. The Beaches in Goa will be left as a region page (although suggestions for better names are welcome). Jpatokal 22:38, 9 Jan 2005 (EST)
- Let's revive this discussion, I think this article should be merged into Goa - Goa is known for its beaches, and they take up a significant portion of the state. Most of the beaches, provided you can sleep there, should be their own articles. Even if we divided Goa up into regions, I don't think that "Beaches" would be a very smart region, since it encompasses so much, and would practically replace the Goa article entirely.
- So on the Goa page, I think we should stick to what we always do... list the large cities and towns under "Cities", and the most popular beaches under "Other destinations". – cacahuate talk 17:04, 18 April 2007 (EDT)
- I also just created North Goa and South Goa which, again, will make this article redundant... – cacahuate talk 21:12, 18 April 2007 (EDT)