Overhaul of eating and drinking needed
Personally, I think this article is seriously lacking in the Eat and Drink sections. Silom has dozens of great restaurants, yet we mention the Duke of Wellington as a recommended eatery?! If anything, it should be in the Drink section, along with the other pubs in the area (Molly Molone's, O'Reilys, The Barbican, etc.).
Also in the Drink section, Silom has far more than just Patpong and the gay areas, such as all the aforementioned pubs, wine bars such as V9 at The Sofitel, the clubs in the area (Park Bridge, The Met Bar, etc.) as well as the large beer garden at Suan Lum. I guess the strip of bars at Lang Suan should be mentioned here also? Almost a whole article's worth of bars and restaurants down there.
Anyway, I'll slowly chip away and start adding these, but would be good if others could also. Thanks! Dantilley 21:35, 5 February 2009 (EST)
- Yes, it definitely could use improvement. I think the focus now is too much on Patpong and other sleazy areas. But I wouldn't know any good listings to add yet. Anyway, feel free to plunge forward! --globe-trotter 14:08, 2 March 2010 (EST)
- Just seen it's been over a year since I wrote that! Will see if I can add a few ideas soon, it's still much needed I think.Dantilley 11:05, 8 March 2010 (EST)
removed reference to lucifer since has been shut down for months. 184.108.40.206 04:02, 7 June 2011 (EDT)
- Thanks! --globe-trotter 11:28, 7 June 2011 (EDT)
 Food Fusion
Robinson has closed, which I think means that Food Fusion also has closed:
- Food Fusion, 4th Floor, Robinson Department Store, 2 Silom Rd (at the corner of Silom Rd and Rama IV Rd). 10:30AM-10PM. A modern food court with a twist, with stalls offering Thai, Chinese, Italian, Japanese and Vietnamese food. On entry you receive a barcoded baton used to record your orders, and you pay the sum on exit. Mains 50-100 baht. edit
--globe-trotter 11:10, 8 September 2010 (EDT)
 Toby Jug
Not sure why The Toby Jug was added to the British Pubs section - it closed down years ago. I've removed it. Dantilley 06:34, 15 October 2010 (EDT)
- Thanks! --globe-trotter 18:29, 31 May 2011 (EDT)