Deletion or Redirect
No consensus reached on what to do with this one. Discussion so far needs more input. -
- This article just has one attraction listed.
- In the little church there are fascinating displays, honoring the continuity of the cult of healing from ancient times to a modern midwife and nurse. In Greek mythology, Asklepios was the son of the god Apollo who created the art of medicine. I have moved the content to the Rhodes article.
- I have redirected several other similar Rhodes articles in an attempt to get some sort of sense into the article group. This one is an orphan as it is not immediately geographically nearby to an active article. Hence I think it should be deleted. It has only ever had an establishing edit and one edit of style by User:Texugo. No further activity since march 2010, no significant reason for article, single entry describes a church attraction) recommend a Delete felix 09:45, 23 January 2011 (EST)
- Redirect ti Rhodes. It is a real place, and redirects are cheap. The island does look over-divided for the content there now. --inas 14:48, 23 January 2011 (EST)
- Keep - Though the article hasn't been developed yet, there are at least 19 places to sleep in Asklipio and its nearest beach at Kiotari, 14 bars and restaurants, and in addition to the church, there are a Folklore Museum, a castle, nature trails, and 3 festivals to mention, plus the beach itself at Kiotari, including another church . That sounds to me like enough to warrant its own article. Another option would be to create an article for South Rhodes, which is the actual municipality in question which includes Gennadi (a red link on the Rhodes page) and several other villages, although with 379 sq km, I'm not sure how good of an idea that would be. Texugo 21:42, 23 January 2011 (EST)
- After looking at the link provided by Texugo I am more inclined to the Southern Rhodes idea. When I looked for some info on Asklipio I only turned up that it was un-developed, had few tourism related developments and "a couple of tavernas". After seeing the places to sleep list I feel a little more encouraged. The coastal area is developing including Gennadi and nearby Prasonisi, these areas might have a combined weight of sufficient potential content to justify a broader article on the southern end of Rhodes. That south eastern coastal strip is possibly of interest but there is no current article to cover it. I don't think any one region in the south can currently support an article and perhaps at this time a more inclusive single article on the south would assist in both covering that end of the island and developing content. If the content goes into the Rhodes main article then I think we will end up with the article again bearing content that should be going into the sub-articles. With some trepidation I suggest a southern region article may be appropriate. However this island seems to have too many articles and if we do a southern region then maybe we need to regionalise the whole thing and lose some of the other undeveloped articles as well. Lots of work...if we did that. felix 03:31, 24 January 2011 (EST)
- We should probably briskly sweep this discussion over to the appropriate talk page and solicit comments there. --inas 06:12, 24 January 2011 (EST)
- This discussion could use further comment. It has been opened far longer than six weeks, so barring objection I'd suggest following inas' solution and moving the discussion to the article's talk page. -- Ryan • (talk) • 21:10, 27 March 2011 (EDT)
- Keep, at least for now; sounds like a valid destination. Maybe merge to a surrounding region if Rhodes is overdivided. LtPowers 08:37, 28 March 2011 (EDT)