Move to Leh#Get_out - ?
- Either that, or turned into a region page with a more sensible name. I know nothing about the area though. Jpatokal 22:48, 8 Dec 2005 (EST)
- I had thought of making a Indus Valey section but it doesn't work well because then Dha to Khalsi would need to be included and not only is the indus vally beyond Khalsi too far for a daytrip but foreners need a police permit to go there because it's getting close to the LoC. So I don't see why the name is not sensible. It is a coherent region, both from a travelers point of view (making good day trips from Leh) and to a less extent cultrally as it's the Ladakhi hartland, more densely populated and with better transportation links. Perhaps it could be moved to the Leh page if it doesn't grow big enough to deserve it's own page, but it still needs it's own section, Get_out is surely for transportation and not for sights in the area.Keithonearth 07:46, 9 Dec 2005 (EST)
- There's actually some debate about what "Get out" is supposed to contain, but the one thing that's generally agreed on is that it should contain pointers elsewhere, not full-scale entries with accommodation listings and whatnot.
- Wikipedia tells me Leh is the largest city on Ladakh, would that make a sensible region page or is it too large? Jpatokal 12:01, 11 Dec 2005 (EST)
- Problem solved. Leh is also a district within the Ladakh autonomous region, (Kargil being the other) and the town of Leh is the headquarters of this district., So we just split it into Leh (district) and Leh (city). The homepage of Leh district also gives a map splitting the district into some sort of regions, most probably "blocks"  which might be helpful if we want to do individual article pages. But I think that one Leh district page should suffice as the end point for most stuff that comes here. --Ravikiran 12:57, 11 Dec 2005 (EST)