Vfd discussion
- Delete. Not much content. And where is it? A surch on wikipedia gave six results, two in Armenia, two in Azerbaijan and two in Turkey. ViMy 20:39, 30 January 2009 (EST)
- Disambiguation Page! if there are 6 places. This is a lost child - as in where in the world is Armutlu
- Keep. This Armutlu, I suppose, is a real town in Marmara Region, Turkey, (Wikipedia article here) since it's indicated that it's a peninsula (the name of the peninsula is not really Armutlu as far as I know, but I can't recall its name at the moment, but this town indeed lies on a peninsula), and that it's an "official ecologic (sic) region" in the "article". Well, it seems it has really been declared an "ecological tourism and organic agriculture development area blah blah" by Yalova Governorate - and yes, with its five villages as the "article" implies. (source in Turkish here, sorry for not linking to an English source, as I could not find any decent one). And I don't think this really should be a disambiguation page until there exists a Wikitravel article for any of other Armutlus, upon creation of which the would-be content on this page can be removed to Armutlu (Turkey) or Armutlu (Yalova) or Armutlu (Marmara) or whatever.--Vidimian 05:23, 6 February 2009 (EST) The article for sure should be formatted according to the MoS by the way.--Vidimian 05:25, 6 February 2009 (EST)
- I change my vote to Keep. Vidimian do you know enough about this region to put some more content in this article? Anything would be nice! But I think we need a Disambiguation Page since there are many places with this name. To avoid confusion. ViMy 08:21, 11 February 2009 (EST)
- I am afraid I don't know much about there since I have never been to. But I know some people who've been there, so I think I can at least write some stuff about how to get there, and I know there are some hot springs there, so that can be mentioned at 'do'. And if we're going to have a disambiguation page, how shall we disambiguate two Armutlus in Turkey? By region name (i.e. Armutlu (Marmara)) or province name (i.e. Armutlu (Yalova))?--Vidimian 08:31, 11 February 2009 (EST)
- Not sure. What would be most recognicable for a traveler? Perhaps region name? Or maybe both. The article would be named Armutlu (Marmara). But on the Disambiguation Page, also the province name would be mentioned. ViMy 11:51, 13 February 2009 (EST)
Outcome: Disambiguation page + Armutlu (Marmara) created.