Why should this be a separate article?
Wouldn't it be better to add this content to the Block Island travel guide? http://wikitravel.org/en/Block_Island
If not, why not?
Ikan Kekek 02:14, 8 March 2011 (EST)
- I would tend to agree - we've gotten five or six of these sorts of articles lately, including Visiting Providence (Rhode Island), which is now tagged for merge to Providence (Rhode Island). I'd suggest that this might be a merge candidate as well. -- Ryan • (talk) • 11:05, 8 March 2011 (EST)
Work in progress gentlemen. This will in due time be entirely distinct from the Block Island entry. Until then I'd ask that you refrain from any unnecessary micromanagement. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
- First of all, please sign your posts on "Talk" pages. But more importantly, what is the need that this article fills which can't be better filled on the regular Block Island article? Make the argument, instead of complaining that our opinions consist of "micromanagement."
- Ikan Kekek 02:25, 9 March 2011 (EST)
- First of all, no thanks. Second of all, it was less a complaint, more an observation. Third of all, and perhaps most importantly, I mentioned in my first post that this was a work in progress, and thus is going to change. As it appears that I need to be more specific; I will be updating the central section with the play-by-play itinerary itself. The itinerary format itself includes, as I am sure you are aware, sections on Understand, Prepare, etc. Rather than ignore these sections entirely, i figured what the hell, I'll risk a little redundancy. Anyways, your understanding is appreciated, ciao. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- Signing simply means appending a ~~~~ to your post, which in your case will append a footer identifying your IP address -- which is already in the edit log, so it's merely a courtesy to allow others to more easily follow the conversation. (I've now added similar tags by hand.) You also dodged the question: what is the need that this article fills which can't be better filled on the regular Block Island article? We certainly try to welcome new contributors, but Block Island isn't a very long article as-is and would definitely benefit from some prose additions, especially in the Do and See sections... to me (and others above), it seems like the better target for improvements right now. -- D. Guillaime 22:20, 10 March 2011 (EST)