Takapuna is in the North Shore, in Auckland.
Head north across the harbour bridge on the motorway. Take the Northcote off-ramp. Turn right, cross the motorway and follow the signs.
Take the ferry from Auckland to Devonport. The main access road to the motorway passes through Takapuna.
- Bruce Mason Centre, North Shore's main performing arts and convention centre, situated in the heart of Takapuna.
- Takapuna to Milford Walk, along the coast taking you past Takapuna’s ‘Golden Mile’.
- The Pumphouse Theatre and Lake Pupuke, situated in the centre of the city near Takapuna. The freshwater lake was originally the main water supply for the North Shore region. The building is now a centre for the performing arts. It is possible to walk around most of the lake. Some of the shore is private property and detours are needed.
- Flying Horse, 477 Lake Rd, ☎ +64 9 489-6305. M-W & Public Holidays 11:30-21:30, Th-Sa 11:30-22:00, Su 16:00-21:30. Takeaway Chinese Food. Large servings. Few tables to eat in, but I would not recommend eating in. Most Chinese meals ~$10-15 (Hot food $1+, Burgers ~$5, 2/4 per meals packs ~$26/~$49).
- Emerald Inn, 16 The Promenade, ☎ 64 9 488 3500, . Motel units & kitchen apartments offering self catering accommodation. Breakfasts available. edit