Tahara (田原)  is a city in Aichi.
Aichi's southernmost town, Tahara has in recent years absorbed the towns of Akabane and Atsumi to become a single city of about 66,000. The city now claims all of the Atsumi peninsula, separating Mikawa Bay from the Pacific Ocean. It is also home to a Toyota factory reputed to be among the most sophisticated plants in the world.
Irago Crystal Port  is located at Cape Irago at the tip of the peninsula.
- The Ise Bay Ferry  runs from Toba, Mie. The ride takes 55 minutes and costs 1500 yen per person. Vehicles can also be transported for 4500 and up, depending on the length of your vehicle.
Tahara can be reached from Toyohashi via the Atsumi line of the Toyohashi Railway (豊橋鉄道渥美線, Toyohashi Tetsudou Atsumi-sen) . It costs 510 yen.
- Hii Stone Gates (日出の石門, Hiinosekimon). Beautiful stone arches carved by the sea. edit
- Irago Misaki Lighthouse (伊良湖岬灯台, Irago-Misaki Toudai). edit
- Mount Zao Observatory (蔵王産展望台, Zaou-san Tenboudai), (Take a bus for 100 yen from Mikatawahara station.), ☎ 053-122-0426. 9AM-10PM. At an altitude of 250m, this observatory offer a nice 360-degree panorama of the city and Mikawa Bay. Especially nice at night. edit
- Tahara Castle Ruins (田原城跡), Tahara-cho Hakou 11-1, ☎ 053-122-1720, . 9AM-5PM. Originally built around 1480, the grounds now house a small municipal museum. edit
- Koijigahama Beach (恋路ヶ浜, Koijigahama). This sandy, arc-shaped beach near the lighthouse at the end of the peninsula is about 1 km long. Its name dubs it the "beach of romance". edit
- Pacific Long Beach (表浜, Omotehama). Popular beach for fishing and surfing. edit
Get outwts:Category:Tahara (Aichi)