Tadlo is a village in Laos.
From Pakse, get a bus to Salavan (leaves from the Southern Bus Station aka 8km Bus Station at 07:30/09:00/10:45/12:00/14:30/16:00) and asked to be dropped off at the road for Tad Lo (30,000 kips). From the drop-off point after the bridge, it's about 1,5km down a road on the right hand side. There may be a tuk-tuk waiting to take you and the going rate is 10,000 kip/person.
Tadlo is easily navigated on foot.
Tadlo waterfalls. There are 3 waterfalls within 10km of Tadlo. The first is right next to the village on the bridge (Tad Hang), the second (Tad Lo) is about a 1,5km walk upstream and the third (Tad Soung) is about 8km upstream. Tad Lo waterfall can be easily found by following the jungle path on the left hand side of the river (facing upstream). You will hear it before you see it, and there is a home-made set of steps to take you down to the bottom of the waterfall where you can swim. You can also hop around the large stones at the top of the waterfall, and even jump off if you have the cahones! (although check the area you're jumping into first!).
Trekking. Treks with guides can be arranged at the Tourist Info. Sites include the surrounding forest and Katu and Alak tribes people, as well as waterfalls.
- Elephant Riding. You can ride elephant for one hour in the surroundings of the waterfalls. Contact in Tad Lo Lodge. 100 000 kips edit
- Elephant Bathing. You can enjoy elephant bathing around 4:30 pm every evening at the Tad Lo Lodge. edit
There are a couple of small shops selling the necessities. Small Market in the village where the bus from Pakse stop. One ATM machine near that market, but sometimes out of order.
- Chom Restaurant. Very good lao dinner for a reasonable price. edit
- Tim's Guest House & Restaurant, ☎ 214176, . Great food, prices are slightly more than most other places edit
- Green Garden. Breakfast, sandwiches, burgers and salads. Homemade cookies and more sweets. edit
- A few small restaurants and almost all guesthouses serve meals.
- Fandee Guest House, . Breakfast and Sandwiches all day. They also have some french specialties (camembert, blue cheese, paté, salami, Pastis & red wine). And you can enjoy evening Family Diner. edit
- SabaiSabai Resturant and Homestay. Next to Chom. Set menu combos from 18-30,000 kip home made french fries. Great cocktails, buy 4 cocktails and get a free snack! edit
- Sailoymen Bungalows and Restaurant. Very cheap and delicious food! (e.g. Fruit platter 7,000kip.) small lao style menu from 5-25,000 kip. edit
- Honey Bee Cafe. Fairly big menu, mainly lao and thai food. Good portions at a reasonable price. Help yourself to cereals and hot drinks for 5000kip. Friendly staff. edit
- Mama and Papas. Similar menu to Chom and Sailoymen but actually more expensive. edit
- Tim's Guest House & Restaurant, ☎ 214176, . Fruit shakes, soft drinks and more. edit
- Green Garden. Freshly roasted coffee from Bolaven. Fruit juices and smoothies. edit
- Sabai Sabai. Cocktails from 12,000-20,000 kip caprihina, mango daquiri, mojito, cuba libre etc edit
- Palamei Guesthouse. At the junction of the two main street. Run by friendly local couple, Mr. Poh speaks good english and is very helpful. Usually possible to share nice Lao diner with the family and other guests for 30,000 kip. start at 40,000 kip with shared bathroom. edit
- Green Garden Guesthouse. Long traditional house with bamboo rooms. Very nice restaurant open early for breakfast and lunch. Kitchen closes with the sunset. Room: 30,000 kip Bungalow: 60,000 kip. edit
- Saylomyen, ☎ 020-227-5542. The cheapest river views in simple huts. Can't beat the view of waking up to a waterfall! Squat toilet and bucket shower, no wifi. 50,000 kip. edit
- Sephaseuth Guest House & Restaurant, ☎ 214185. Next to the river, an alternative place to stay. 40,000-60,000 kip. edit
- Tim's Guest House & Restaurant, ☎ 214176, . Run by a local Lao couple, this guest house is definitely the pick of the bunch. The owners are very friendly (even voted Lao citizen of the year) and help support the local community with some of the money they make. Rooms are simple but nice, and the atmosphere and staff are great. 50,000-70,000. edit
- Mama Pap's Homestay, (The main street of Tadlo, Just after the water refill place.). Very basic 'homestay' style accommodation with a very friendly owner. Double beds go for 25,000 a night, they can easily fit 2 people but don't expect any privacy! Facilities are basic with only a cold bucket shower and no internet. edit
- Fandee Guesthouse. This is run by a French couple who take care of some local kids. It's very friendly and social with a lot of Lao kids who hang out there. They do family dinners and the huts are nice with a double bed, private bathrooms, hot water, mosquito nets and fan. A hammock outside of every hut. 60,000 kip. edit
- Sabai Sabai Homestay. Run by a friendly local family. They have dorm style accommodation, single rooms and double rooms. Western style toilet and free wifi. 20-30,000kip. edit
A few of the guesthouses now have WIFI including Tim, Sabai Sabai, Fandee etc
Walk back to the main road (or catch a ride from one of the guesthouses). Buses back to Pakse operate many times a day and cost 30,000 kip. A few buses go to Vientiane (via Pakse). Ask a guesthouse for times and just wait by the side of the road.