Târgu-Mureş  is a city in Transylvania, Romania.
Târgu Mureş International Airport (IATA: TGM)  is located 14km southwest of the city.
The following airlines operate service to/from the airport:
from airport to city :
- wizzair microbus - 8€
- balint trans microbus - 7 Lei (18/40)
- taxi - 40 Lei
Or just use any minibus from tirgu mures passing ungheni and the airport (to turda, cluj, sibiu etc) and get off on the road outside the airport or vice versa (4-5 lei).
There are five daily trains to/from Brasov, (6.5-9 hours), two to/from Bucharest (9.5-10 hours), and one to/from Timisoara (6.5 hours). There is also a daily train to/from Budapest. Service to Cluj-Napoca (4 hours) is available with a transfer and 1-hour layover.
There are buses every 2 hours to/from Brasov (3 hours) and bucharest, passing through Sighisoara and Rupea.
This bus go from autogara at Strada Bega . To Brasov go microbus, to bucharest classic bus. Schedule and price at 
And frequent busses to Cluj-Napoca (2.5 hours).
Busses also go east, towards Szovata and Udvarhely (Odorheiu). Beware, however, that different bus lines have different terminals. If the Romanian bus webpage (autogari.ro) indicates that you will have a transfer, make sure that you know how to effect that transfer. Otherwise you will face a taxi ride across town and risk missing your connection.
A bus is by far the cheapest option to get around. A ticket costs 2 lei and can be purchased on board from either the driver or an attendant who is usually sitting elsewhere on the bus. It is an honor system so if you're caught without a ticket or proper ID, you have to pay a fine. The route is posted on the front window of the bus.
Taxis are cheap. Different companies charge slightly different rates. The average per km rate is about 1.68 lei. The cab drivers can speak Romanian and usually Hungarian. Many are also fluent in English.
Rent A Car
- RINO Rent a car, rent a car in Mures and Cluj, 
- 321 rentacar, rent a car in Tg. Mures and Cluj, Rent A Car
- Buxxa, rent a car at the Transylvania Airport and in Targu Mures, +40 (744) 685 304; Rent a car Targu-Mures Airport
- Rentacar Aeroport, car rental in targu Mures and Transilvania airport, Rent A Car Aeroport Targu-Mures
- Rent a Car Targu Mures Caruno, rent a car in Tg. Mures and Cluj Napoca, Rent A Car Cluj Napoca and Targu Mures
At the football stadium, you can rent a bike for free for two hours, but you have to sign a contract in Romanian and submit your photo ID.
Targu-Mures main districts:
- City Center (in romanian: Centru)
- Cornesti (nice view of the city, home of the Zoo)
- 7th November (in romanian: 7 noiembrie, it accomodates the regions biggest public hospital and the University of medicine and pharmacy
- Tudor Vladimirescu (or simply Tudor, it accomodates one of the most modern dental implant center in Transylvania
- Gheorghe Doja district (around the railway station)
- Unirii district (on the right bank of the Mures river).
- Carpati Alley (Aleea Carpati)
- Dambu Pietros (or simply Dambu)
- Targu Mures Fortress, (right in the centre of the city on the hilltop), . This fortress was erected in the 15th century around a monastery and church. In the 17th century 6 bastions were added. Originally there were houses inside the citadel, but these were destroyed to make room for military buildings. free. edit
- Cultural Palace, (center of the city), . It is a remarkable building built between 1911-1913 in the Hungarian Art Nouveau style. The Filarmonica de Stat Targu Mures holds regular classical concerts in the splendid hall, which is supposed to have the best acoustics in Romania. edit
- The Târgu-Mureş Historical Society occasionally holds seminars on local history and mythology in English
The main shopping area is the Trandafirilor Square which is the center of the city.
There are also shopping malls:
- Mures Mall , near the city center. The Mall has 5 floors, each of them hosting renowned brands and names, some of them for the first time in Romania.
- Promenada Mall, is near the industrial park, on the outskirts of the city. 
- Tempo, Morii St. A restaurant with a vast array of dishes and specialties. A lot of character as well with a Hungarian musical band every night. edit
- La Teo Restaurant, Alexandru Papiu Ilarian Nr.1 (right next the Medieval Fortress), ☎ 0265212244, . 11AM-midnight. International dishes and local food. Great coffee, wine bar, and house made cakes and deserts. Run by a friendly owner, Teo, who lived in Italy for 10 years and helps in the kitchen. Good non-smoking section. edit
Coffeehouse and Tearoom
- Kashmir (tearoom), Strada Nicolae Iorga (Next to the fortress on top of the hill. It's across the street from La Teo and across the street from the University Petru Maior), ☎ +40 365739067, . 8:00 - 0:00. This stylish Jugendstil tearoom has everything to offer for tea sipping students. Great romantic feel. teapot 7 lei. edit
- Ama deus (bakery and coffeehouse), Revoluției Str (On Revoluției Str between Poștei Str and Pasajul Rákóczi straircase the shop shares the courtyard with Animal World. Sign on the streetside wall). 8:00 - 21:00. This bakery with tasty pastry, nice coffee and fresh bread is popular among locals. It has lots of pictures of local churches on the walls. The friendly staff serves you coffee in mugs decorated with Hungarian bible texts, so you get your caffeine with a shot of holy spirit to-go. Non-smoking coffeecorner only. coffee 3 lei. edit
- Piaf (coffeehouse), Bolyai Str 10 (On Bolyai Str, a side street from the main square Piaţa Teatrului.), ☎ +40 735 206 180, . 8:00 - 1:00. This uptown place with artistic design is popular among students and foreign visitors. Open till 3h Fri and Sat. Pasta and burgers on menu. Non-smoking section available. coffee 5 lei. edit
- Zanza cafe & lounge, Piata Trandafirilor nr. 52 (Go from the boulevard into the courtyard and up the stairs), ☎ 0735935130, . 9:00-1:00h. This dark cafe is nicely decorated with bookshelves and art. Nice coffee, tea and the usual alcoholic drinks. Smoking area only. Coffee 5 lei. edit
- Whats up, Calarasilor str (At the end of the main strip (coming from the Mall) turn left on the far side of the road. You should see the sign on the road and then its through the arch down the stairs). This small bar gives a cave style feel and is clean and well organized. Decent range of beer, liquors, coffee, tea, and the popular hot chocolate drinks in various flavors. Whisky or cognac: 10-25 lei. edit
- Dublin Irish Pub, Mihai Viteazul Str. An Irish-themed pub that serves Guinness and many other drinks! There is a decent menu of both Irish and other dishes as well. A little on the expensive side and lacking in atmosphere. edit
- Negro cafe (bar restaurant), Strada Piața Teatrului 7 (Terrace on the right side of Theatre square), ☎ +40756122020 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . 07:30-02:30. Great place to enjoy the sunshine as well as a popular place to have a drink in the evening or night. Regularly live music concerts are organized. Coffee 5 lei. edit
Being a university town, there are plenty of clubs to go out at night to have fun with local and international students. smoking is allowed in the clubs, but Jazz has a non-smoking section.
- Sense, Pavel Chinezu 10, ☎ +40 765 239726, . J-S: 21:00 - 4:00. edit
- Hostel Mures, Victor Babes Street 11, ☎ +40744643528, . HI hostel edit
- Hotel Intercontinental, (A five minute walk from the center of town). decent rooms popular with tour groups. €30. edit
- Hotel Concordia. A swanky luxury hotel right in the center of town with a beautiful view of the churches. €90. edit